Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-17-2011
Junior Varsity

Geraci

Sam Geraci won state as a soph then lost in the finals in OT both his junior and senior year. Pinned by Ben Morris (who beat Bormet in the semis) as a junior and robbed by the ref against Pete Shulte as a senior. He won the JR greco nationals will all pins and techs. When he wons state as a soph he finished ahead of two JR national champs (Morris in freestyle and Mark "Bam Bam" Pustelnik in greco). His lack of college success had nothing to do with talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Pride View Post
To name a few...

Tony Davis
Sam Geraci
Sean Bormet
Jevon Herman
Ernst Benion
Eric Siebert
Old 02-17-2011
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125watcher View Post
Sam Geraci won state as a soph then lost in the finals in OT both his junior and senior year. Pinned by Ben Morris (who beat Bormet in the semis) as a junior and robbed by the ref against Pete Shulte as a senior. He won the JR greco nationals will all pins and techs. When he wons state as a soph he finished ahead of two JR national champs (Morris in freestyle and Mark "Bam Bam" Pustelnik in greco). His lack of college success had nothing to do with talent.
BEst headlock/hip toss i've ever seen!!! Kid was a STUD!!

He did have college success.... won JUCO nationals for Garden State and wrestled Zeke Jones in the semis at Midlands (Close score i believe) when he got injured (shoulder injury i believe).

Last edited by Pirate Pride; 07-31-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrChamp View Post
Ditto.....I'm also going with Ernest Benion...I think he was also a 1 timer...Also an NCAA champ.....
He got stuck by Steve Williams his junior year, in the quarters. Williams was tough as anybody, so no surprise there.
Old 02-17-2011
Varsity

Another From the Past

Kris Whelan would be another who would belong on this list. He was in the running every year, as well as being a four-time AA at Mizzou.
Old 02-17-2011

Jimmy Chase

Jimmy Chase could be on that list, he is training to be a future olympic wrestler for Greco
Old 02-17-2011
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by restling View Post
He got stuck by Steve Williams his junior year, in the quarters. Williams was tough as anybody, so no surprise there.

The thread said, 1x state champs....Steve was a 2-timer....And in 1991, Steve was lucky to get out of sectionals as the champ. He was put to his back twice, and was stuck.
Old 02-17-2011
Junior Varsity

Jon Llewellyn - I don't think he placed at state but went on to beat Kurt Angle for the NCAA title and did well at Midlands and other prominent events.
Old 02-17-2011
Varsity

Don't bash me because this guy isnt the best....but I think a pretty good entry is Keith Surber....4x placer & rose to the occasion his senior year(last year)...beating Cooper twice as well as multiple other top ten wrestlers in the country at his weight(including no. 1 Frank Cagnina)....would have to think that Surber will do very good in college
Old 02-17-2011
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh92 View Post
Don't bash me because this guy isnt the best....but I think a pretty good entry is Keith Surber....4x placer & rose to the occasion his senior year(last year)...beating Cooper twice as well as multiple other top ten wrestlers in the country at his weight(including no. 1 Frank Cagnina)....would have to think that Surber will do very good in college
Surber had a surprisingly good career. No disrespect in fact by his senior year I was a big fan.
Old 02-18-2011
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh92 View Post
That is a great selection! Surber was very dominant during his career. His senior year was difficult to top.
Sponsored Links