Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 04-20-2011
Varsity

Williams Brothers

Although Perry may end up being a good addition to the staff at UofI, I wondering why isn't one of the William Brothers even in the conversation. Joe and TJ were 4x state champions in IL. they were very successful at Iowa and are still active in the sport. I tend to believe that they would and could be great additions to the staff there? What is the problem?
Old 04-20-2011
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
Although Perry may end up being a good addition to the staff at UofI, I wondering why isn't one of the William Brothers even in the conversation. Joe and TJ were 4x state champions in IL. they were very successful at Iowa and are still active in the sport. I tend to believe that they would and could be great additions to the staff there? What is the problem?
Just because they were GREAT wrestlers doesnt necessarily mean they would be good college coaches...which is what i think you're assuming.
Old 04-20-2011
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Pride View Post
Just because they were GREAT wrestlers doesnt necessarily mean they would be good college coaches...which is what i think you're assuming.
Joe was on staff at Iowa for years and people that have worked with TJ has talked very highly of him. I think that Blanton in particular could probably benefit from Joe's expereince.

Before anyone says anything, yes Joe had some of the mat problems at Iowa when he left but this is a new place and is "home"
Old 04-21-2011
Varsity

off mat problems for joe ,
Old 04-21-2011
Varsity

how many off the mat problems did he have. I know only of one, but everyone speaks as if he has too many to count. nevermind, I found out the problems he had.

Last edited by jimbob; 04-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2011
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASS A FANN View Post
off mat problems for joe ,
The charges were dropped because they were not true.

The sad part is those guys can't even get high school jobs and people with worst histories have jobs.

We all know the real reason they don't have high school jobs in Illinois but, no one will speak on it because the truth hurts. Now why they don't have college jobs might be the same reason but, you never know because it is about winning in college.
Old 04-21-2011
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Champions View Post

The sad part is those guys can't even get high school jobs and people with worst histories have jobs.

We all know the real reason they don't have high school jobs in Illinois but, no one will speak on it because the truth hurts. Now why they don't have college jobs might be the same reason but, you never know because it is about winning in college.
Please do tell. Feel free to PM.
Old 04-21-2011
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Champions View Post

Thats what I am asking WHY don't they have jobs, if you know the answer please share. I think it is a shame unless there is something that I don't know.
Old 04-21-2011
Junior Varsity

I know Joe was an assistant at NIU for a year or two after Iowa. It could very well be that neither guy wants to be a college assistant coach. Lots of travel, pay is often low, etc...
Old 04-21-2011
Olympian

I cant really speak for TJ because I have never worked with him personally.....But Joe Williams is a great wrestling coach. He was at NIU for a year (actually less than 12 months) and was a tremendous help to myself and the program in general. His personal issues that had been in question were false accusations and Joe is actually a tremendous person. The reasons for Joe leaving NIU have also been questioned, but honestly he made the wrestling room there a better place and they have missed him since they fired him IMO.
Sponsored Links