Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2011
62kilos 62kilos is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 328
Williams Brothers

Although Perry may end up being a good addition to the staff at UofI, I wondering why isn't one of the William Brothers even in the conversation. Joe and TJ were 4x state champions in IL. they were very successful at Iowa and are still active in the sport. I tend to believe that they would and could be great additions to the staff there? What is the problem?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2011
Pirate Pride Pirate Pride is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
Although Perry may end up being a good addition to the staff at UofI, I wondering why isn't one of the William Brothers even in the conversation. Joe and TJ were 4x state champions in IL. they were very successful at Iowa and are still active in the sport. I tend to believe that they would and could be great additions to the staff there? What is the problem?
Just because they were GREAT wrestlers doesnt necessarily mean they would be good college coaches...which is what i think you're assuming.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2011
62kilos 62kilos is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Pride View Post
Just because they were GREAT wrestlers doesnt necessarily mean they would be good college coaches...which is what i think you're assuming.
Joe was on staff at Iowa for years and people that have worked with TJ has talked very highly of him. I think that Blanton in particular could probably benefit from Joe's expereince.

Before anyone says anything, yes Joe had some of the mat problems at Iowa when he left but this is a new place and is "home"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2011
CLASS A FANN CLASS A FANN is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 217
off mat problems for joe ,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2011
jimbob jimbob is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 473
how many off the mat problems did he have. I know only of one, but everyone speaks as if he has too many to count. nevermind, I found out the problems he had.

Last edited by jimbob; 04-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2011
Father of Champions Father of Champions is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASS A FANN View Post
off mat problems for joe ,
The charges were dropped because they were not true.

The sad part is those guys can't even get high school jobs and people with worst histories have jobs.

We all know the real reason they don't have high school jobs in Illinois but, no one will speak on it because the truth hurts. Now why they don't have college jobs might be the same reason but, you never know because it is about winning in college.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2011
Pirate Pride Pirate Pride is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Champions View Post
The charges were dropped because they were not true.

The sad part is those guys can't even get high school jobs and people with worst histories have jobs.

We all know the real reason they don't have high school jobs in Illinois but, no one will speak on it because the truth hurts. Now why they don't have college jobs might be the same reason but, you never know because it is about winning in college.
Please do tell. Feel free to PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2011
62kilos 62kilos is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Champions View Post
The charges were dropped because they were not true.

The sad part is those guys can't even get high school jobs and people with worst histories have jobs.

We all know the real reason they don't have high school jobs in Illinois but, no one will speak on it because the truth hurts. Now why they don't have college jobs might be the same reason but, you never know because it is about winning in college.
Thats what I am asking WHY don't they have jobs, if you know the answer please share. I think it is a shame unless there is something that I don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2011
Gantry Gantry is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
I know Joe was an assistant at NIU for a year or two after Iowa. It could very well be that neither guy wants to be a college assistant coach. Lots of travel, pay is often low, etc...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2011
Danny Burk's Avatar
Danny Burk Danny Burk is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 1,782
I cant really speak for TJ because I have never worked with him personally.....But Joe Williams is a great wrestling coach. He was at NIU for a year (actually less than 12 months) and was a tremendous help to myself and the program in general. His personal issues that had been in question were false accusations and Joe is actually a tremendous person. The reasons for Joe leaving NIU have also been questioned, but honestly he made the wrestling room there a better place and they have missed him since they fired him IMO.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.