Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 08-06-2011
Varsity

Finally we are talking about a true state tournament. But what I dont understand is the one day for the midgets? I mean we make them do regionals and sectionals just add them to the state tournament and be done with it. One weight class for each and go. If you have a 8yr old who is good enough have hime wrestle at regionals and sectionals. What is the problem? I know it is additional kids but hey like everyone says there already there. You run the brackets along with the novice and seniors.All the finals on saturday. Man sounds like a no brainer. I know there is more to it than that but hey I think its time to give the little guys there due.
Old 08-06-2011
22 more years left.

Kids open and Ohio tournament of championship have plus or minus 2000 wrestlers done in 1 day. Adding the extra 300 or so couldn't be that bad. Do anybody really need the sessions or is that for cleanup and to charge more?
Old 08-06-2011
22 more years left.

They could still hold midget state for anyone who wants to participate.
I'm sure most wrestling families would still go.
I would. Its a great experience.
Old 08-06-2011
Varsity

I believe there are alot of "possibles" including allowing satelite weigh-ins the nite before. I like the idea of the main focus being on the the novice/senior divisions so that is why I suggested 1 day prior to the beginning of the novice/senior tournament.

IKWF Finals on the stage is one if not the best in the nation and should be reserved as a unique experience. Many times at 8 and 9 kids win because they are more athletic but when you get older being a state or national champion is more about which wrestler is more technically sound.
Sponsored Links