Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012
Varsity

OPRF

Bolen said that OPRF came out of no where. I have a question, how did they turn the program around?
Old 01-27-2012
Wrestling Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
Bolen said that OPRF came out of no where. I have a question, how did they turn the program around?
They hired Mike Powell and got the Dardanes twins to transfer from Fenwick and they were on the map.
Old 01-27-2012
Junior Varsity

Build it and they will come... or just bring 'em in to build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
Old 01-27-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
Wont louie be a junior b4 he weighs enough to wrestle high school?
Old 01-27-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Add Devonte Mahomes to that list. He's from Plainfield as well.

Makes you wonder where all of these kids are "living."
Old 01-27-2012
Olympian

Quote:
Rundell was a Little Huskie and never has lived in Arlington Heights. Louie Hayes being a Little Huskie will have very little bearing on where he goes to school. Early never lived in Plainfield. Anything else you care to be wrong on today?
Old 01-27-2012
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
Add Devonte Mahomes to that list. He's from Plainfield as well.

Well Rundell's father is still listed as a coach for the Arlington Cardinals this season and that is his affiliation for his IKWF coaches card as well. So it is awfully nice of him to commute all the way up to Arlington Heights to help them out like that.

Actually, (I heard this but have to admit I have no actual proof) that whatever they leased to establish residency has already be sublet to another occupant. If this is true they are only "laying their heads down at night" in Oak Park if they are pitching a tent.
Old 01-27-2012
Wrestling Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
The reality of this tough economy is that bankruptcies are at an all time high, families are losing there homes to foreclosure and being forced into apartments. It's not uncommon to see families change apartments for various reasons.
Old 01-27-2012
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out in Cali View Post
Rundell was a Little Huskie and never has lived in Arlington Heights. Louie Hayes being a Little Huskie will have very little bearing on where he goes to school. Early never lived in Plainfield. Anything else you care to be wrong on today?

A Little Huskie YEARS ago. He won his IKWF title as an 8th grader for the Arlington Cardinals. And I said Arlington Heights AREA; you are splitting hairs by stating that he never LIVED in Arlington Heights. But it is/was the North suburbs somewhere. Am I wrong on these statements?
Old 01-27-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Well Rundell's father is still listed as a coach for the Arlington Cardinals this season and that is his affiliation for his IKWF coaches card as well. So it is awfully nice of him to commute all the way up to Arlington Heights to help them out like that.

Actually, (I heard this but have to admit I have no actual proof) that whatever they leased to establish residency has already be sublet to another occupant. If this is true they are only "laying their heads down at night" in Oak Park if they are pitching a tent.
And Rundell wrestled for Arlington Cardinals as well. Not sure about 8th grade but b4 that I know he did.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread