Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2012
62kilos 62kilos is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 328
OPRF

Bolen said that OPRF came out of no where. I have a question, how did they turn the program around?
  #2  
Old 01-27-2012
MR TWISTER's Avatar
MR TWISTER MR TWISTER is offline
Wrestling Media
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
Bolen said that OPRF came out of no where. I have a question, how did they turn the program around?
They hired Mike Powell and got the Dardanes twins to transfer from Fenwick and they were on the map.
__________________
  #3  
Old 01-27-2012
Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
Build it and they will come... or just bring 'em in to build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
Bolen said that OPRF came out of no where. I have a question, how did they turn the program around?
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
  #4  
Old 01-27-2012
livingthedream livingthedream is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: peoria heights
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
Wont louie be a junior b4 he weighs enough to wrestle high school?
  #5  
Old 01-27-2012
barzagar's Avatar
barzagar barzagar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
Add Devonte Mahomes to that list. He's from Plainfield as well.

Makes you wonder where all of these kids are "living."
  #6  
Old 01-27-2012
Hanging out in Cali Hanging out in Cali is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
I assume he means this season. The Dardanes are an old recruiting class. This years recruits of significant impact come from both the North and South! Arlington Heights area= Matthew Rundell and Plainfield area= Larry Early. Not too shabby. Then throw in Gahagan and Pickering to round out the group. They already have a nice head start on next season by bringing 8th grader Louie Hayes into the Little Huskies fold this season along with Gabriel Townsell who's father now also coaches the Little Huskies so they should be very excited about what they can do in about 2-3 years. That doesn't even take into account the future classes of recruits. As long as they can bring in about 2-4 studs each year and supplement that with the solid role players that come out of the Little Huskies program organically (natural born OPRFers) they should be elite for sometime to come.
Rundell was a Little Huskie and never has lived in Arlington Heights. Louie Hayes being a Little Huskie will have very little bearing on where he goes to school. Early never lived in Plainfield. Anything else you care to be wrong on today?
  #7  
Old 01-27-2012
Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
Add Devonte Mahomes to that list. He's from Plainfield as well.

Makes you wonder where all of these kids are "living."
Well Rundell's father is still listed as a coach for the Arlington Cardinals this season and that is his affiliation for his IKWF coaches card as well. So it is awfully nice of him to commute all the way up to Arlington Heights to help them out like that.

Actually, (I heard this but have to admit I have no actual proof) that whatever they leased to establish residency has already be sublet to another occupant. If this is true they are only "laying their heads down at night" in Oak Park if they are pitching a tent.
  #8  
Old 01-27-2012
advocate's Avatar
advocate advocate is offline
Wrestling Fan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kingston PA
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
Makes you wonder where all of these kids are "living."
The reality of this tough economy is that bankruptcies are at an all time high, families are losing there homes to foreclosure and being forced into apartments. It's not uncommon to see families change apartments for various reasons.
  #9  
Old 01-27-2012
Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out in Cali View Post
Rundell was a Little Huskie and never has lived in Arlington Heights. Louie Hayes being a Little Huskie will have very little bearing on where he goes to school. Early never lived in Plainfield. Anything else you care to be wrong on today?

A Little Huskie YEARS ago. He won his IKWF title as an 8th grader for the Arlington Cardinals. And I said Arlington Heights AREA; you are splitting hairs by stating that he never LIVED in Arlington Heights. But it is/was the North suburbs somewhere. Am I wrong on these statements?
  #10  
Old 01-27-2012
livingthedream livingthedream is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: peoria heights
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
Well Rundell's father is still listed as a coach for the Arlington Cardinals this season and that is his affiliation for his IKWF coaches card as well. So it is awfully nice of him to commute all the way up to Arlington Heights to help them out like that.

Actually, (I heard this but have to admit I have no actual proof) that whatever they leased to establish residency has already be sublet to another occupant. If this is true they are only "laying their heads down at night" in Oak Park if they are pitching a tent.
And Rundell wrestled for Arlington Cardinals as well. Not sure about 8th grade but b4 that I know he did.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.