Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 10-17-2013
Varsity

Dvorak

I was just watching the video about the Ironman on Flo and started thinking about Dvorak. They are considering moving venues and I was thinking considering that great venue in Rockford where they hold the IKWF finals, why don't they take the Dvorak there as well. Great venue, lots of seating, can put the finals on a stage.
Old 10-17-2013
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
I was just watching the video about the Ironman on Flo and started thinking about Dvorak. They are considering moving venues and I was thinking considering that great venue in Rockford where they hold the IKWF finals, why don't they take the Dvorak there as well. Great venue, lots of seating, can put the finals on a stage.
I would have to think that it would cost a helluva lot more to rent out the BMO Harris Bank Center than any high school. Although the Dvorak draws a good crowd on the last day, I think renting an arena that seats 10,000 would be a waste of money.

Large fieldhouses are a better fit for an event the size of the Dvorak.
Old 10-17-2013
Junior Varsity

must not be from Rockford, believe me, the rent, hiring security, parking, etc., the admission would be $125.00, this town is a gold digging slum
Old 10-17-2013
Junior Varsity

How bout searching venues in Peoria? Lower costs, hotels, restaurants, only 2.5 hr outside of Chicago land might not be a bad idea
Old 10-18-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62kilos View Post
How about 8.8 miles due north...
Old 10-18-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex81 View Post
How bout searching venues in Peoria? Lower costs, hotels, restaurants, only 2.5 hr outside of Chicago land might not be a bad idea
Northwestern would be pretty cool as well...no longer allowing high school wrestlers to compete in the midlands they could try and get some outside talent by making it more of a national tournament...some thoughts if we are talking about moving it to Peoria
Old 10-18-2013
Olympian

Peoria Civic Center seats 9919 for hockey.
Old 10-18-2013
C125

How about Lyons Township Field House?
Old 10-18-2013
Olympian

When will the Venue Change?

This is the first I've heard of any proposed change. Harlem H.S. has done a great job, and I would be happy if it stayed there. However, I imagine that it is a lot of work, and wouldn't be surprised if Harlem wanted to end it's hosting of the tournament.

So here the question is: is it true, and when will Harlem bow out?
Old 10-18-2013
Varsity

I forgot I put this up but Harlem has not said they didn't want to host it anymore. I think it is a premier tournament and how can it become better. I brought up the arena because it is already in Rockford and I've been to IKWF finals a couple times and it was a great event. I wouldn't think moving it too far from Chicago would make it better though. I think the majority of the fan base lives close around Chicago so to make sure that it is supported well it has to stay close.
Sponsored Links