Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-15-2015

2a 170

its crazy how Warner and Kristin are both on the same side. They are the top 2 wrestlers at 170 no doubt. would have been a good finals match, but disappointed that others were unable to recognize this.
Old 02-15-2015
Banned

Isn't it a schematic? Or is there control over the placement of the wrestlers?
Old 02-16-2015
Realistic

Well from what I hear is that if there is a tie in seating points the tie breaker is a coin flip. Not a head to head match up result. Otherwise Warner would be the first seed. Oh well you have to beat the best to be the best.
Old 02-17-2015
Varsity

Cool seeding

seeding is set up by a point system......returning champ, placer, placer at different weight, state qualifier, undefeated, number of wins, stuff like that etc..... and only sectional champs are seeded!
Old 02-17-2015
Olympian

I like Warner to win and he is a great kid too. Not saying the other kid, isnt. Just don't know him.

The only thing I wish, is the IHSA would and maybe they do ? Post how the kids were seeded 1 thru 4. So we could see it was a coin flip or was some other criteria, maybe I didn't know about. Or didn't know the other participants accomplished.

I don't need to see the coin flip, lol. Just wrestler A won the coin flip over wrestler B. Who are both behind or ahead of wrestler C, who is undefeated and won state last year. And behind or ahead of wrestler D, who did not place last year.

Transparency is always amazing in the public forum and can explain why the best 2 kids in a certain situation, maybe? on the same side... However, I do like that the IHSA is trying to rank the kids with any criteria. In so many classes the finals are set up accordingly.
Old 02-17-2015
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
I like Warner to win and he is a great kid too. Not saying the other kid, isnt. Just don't know him.

The only thing I wish, is the IHSA would and maybe they do ? Post how the kids were seeded 1 thru 4. So we could see it was a coin flip or was some other criteria, maybe I didn't know about. Or didn't know the other participants accomplished.

I don't need to see the coin flip, lol. Just wrestler A won the coin flip over wrestler B. Who are both behind or ahead of wrestler C, who is undefeated and won state last year. And behind or ahead of wrestler D, who did not place last year.

Transparency is always amazing in the public forum and can explain why the best 2 kids in a certain situation, maybe? on the same side... However, I do like that the IHSA is trying to rank the kids with any criteria. In so many classes the finals are set up accordingly.
I'll give it to you again:
http://www.illinoismatmen.com/forum/...56&postcount=6
Old 02-17-2015
Olympian

I know it and read it. Thanks again Papa. Someone was asking or wondering how one kid was seeded over the other. I simply said they should post how the top 4 were seeded. What criteria. How many PTs. Someone won a coin flip etc
Old 02-17-2015
Olympian

Warner is the real deal. he also seems like a team player, cheering on his teammates, and actually at sectionals, for other area wrestlers. Good to see.
Old 02-17-2015
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Warner was within a hair of placing at The Ironman, won both Granite city and Sycamore, has a win over Josh Hokit Clovis West, CA. His 3 losses are to Bey twice and Jordan (OH). I would be very surprised if he does not win the state title.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Sponsored Links