Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 08-08-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
There are far more vehicles running on the road right now then there are fire arms in the hand.

Minimum-wage was $3.25 when I was 16 . It moves with the times. Unlike firearm legislation that is the same now for a musket that was probably accurate at 20 yards and took a couple minutes to reload.

You know I heard there is a new law called Scottís law. It is meant to protect police officers on the side of the road. Maybe we should do away with that government regulation. I mean what is the point someoneís bound to be hit anyway right?

I will tell you the next big thing that needs to be government regulated. Drones. As they become far more advanced in numerous and something bad happens we can always say , Drones donít kill people, the people controlling them do.

I had a brush with Scott's law before I ever knew there was a Scott's law. They have the same legislation up in Wisconsin as well. I was making my way through that state at about 3am. It was a four-lane highway with two northbound and two southbound lanes. I was in the right lane doing the speed limit. A truck was passing by me in the left lane when we went past a cop car on the right side of the highway with his lights flashing. He had no one pulled over. He was just sitting there with lights flashing. There was no one on the road except for me, the truck and the cop car. As I passed him, he took off after me and pulled me over. He explained Scott's law (or the Wisconsin version of it) to me. I said I never heard about it. He said we had it in Illinois too. No excuses. He wrote me a ticket. To this day, I presume the ticket was for having Illinois plates much more than the fact I didn't slow down and move to the left lane behind the truck I was next to.

Given the political climate today, any new gun legislation would work the same as Scott's law. It will be abused at the discretion of the people in charge of it. So what's the difference between Scott's law and any new gun legislation we could put in place? Scott's law may actually save some lives.

I like you. You're here to have fun it seems. That being said, I believe you and most gun control people only go on about it in support of their political allegiance. Chicago's gun violence is out of control yet few have anything to say about it and even fewer do anything about it. Put a camera on every corner. Follow murderers home. That solves problems. Gun legislation solves nothing. In fact, it would only make the problem worse in my opinion. The people who perpetrate these tragedies want gun-free zones and a gun-free population.
Old 08-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
I had a brush with Scott's law before I ever knew there was a Scott's law. They have the same legislation up in Wisconsin as well. I was making my way through that state at about 3am. It was a four-lane highway with two northbound and two southbound lanes. I was in the right lane doing the speed limit. A truck was passing by me in the left lane when we went past a cop car on the right side of the highway with his lights flashing. He had no one pulled over. He was just sitting there with lights flashing. There was no one on the road except for me, the truck and the cop car. As I passed him, he took off after me and pulled me over. He explained Scott's law (or the Wisconsin version of it) to me. I said I never heard about it. He said we had it in Illinois too. No excuses. He wrote me a ticket. To this day, I presume the ticket was for having Illinois plates much more than the fact I didn't slow down and move to the left lane behind the truck I was next to.

Given the political climate today, any new gun legislation would work the same as Scott's law. It will be abused at the discretion of the people in charge of it. So what's the difference between Scott's law and any new gun legislation we could put in place? Scott's law may actually save some lives.

I like you. You're here to have fun it seems. That being said, I believe you and most gun control people only go on about it in support of their political allegiance. Chicago's gun violence is out of control yet few have anything to say about it and even fewer do anything about it. Put a camera on every corner. Follow murderers home. That solves problems. Gun legislation solves nothing. In fact, it would only make the problem worse in my opinion. The people who perpetrate these tragedies want gun-free zones and a gun-free population.
Great post! Just like Scott’s law. If it saves one officers life it is worth it to me. Actually, I haven’t cared for firearms because of something that happened in my family when I was young and that was before I knew the difference between a Republican or Democrat. A national database would do just what most laws do, Deter and reduce problems and never even eliminate them. I am also not ashamed at all that I coach kids that unfortunately, Have gang affiliations. They are now men. We still keep in touch and it is absolutely common knowledge that most all gardens in Chicago come from Indiana. Some sort of national database may prevent some of them from coming. Great talking to you.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

I have no idea about the law in Missouri. Nor do I have any idea of the 20-year-olds intentions. What was this guy a gunman ? Or was he simply exercising his second amendment right to walk around a Walmart armed to the tilt? https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man...art-police-say
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

This I know for sure. My dear friends Mack and Mal Have smoke coming out of their ears right now because they have no idea how to respond. I think Iíve made my point.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Quote:
This I know for sure. My dear friends Mack and Mal Have smoke coming out of their ears right now because they have no idea how to respond. I think Iíve made my point.
Wait till I click on your link before you claim credit for the smoke rolling out of my ears. I am clicking...now.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Quote:
I have no idea about the law in Missouri. Nor do I have any idea of the 20-year-olds intentions. What was this guy a gunman ? Or was he simply exercising his second amendment right to walk around a Walmart armed to the tilt? https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man...art-police-say
According to a probable cause statement filed in court Friday, Andreychenko told police he was recording himself in case somebody tried to stop him and tell him to leave.

"I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment," Andreychenko said, according to the documents.

He told police he had intended to buy grocery bags and didn't think people would react the way that they did.

"This is Missouri, I understand if we were somewhere else like New York or California, people would freak out," he said.

Andreychenko is vehemently pro-gun, according to his social media pages.

Widely circulated screenshots of a Facebook post reportedly made by Andreychenko railed against Walmart for raising the age limit for buying a gun from 18 to 21 in February. BuzzFeed News was not able to independently verify the post was written by the suspect, as his Facebook page was made private by Friday.

The posts stated:

"It's official. I hate Walmart. Apparently they won't sell Rifle and shotgun ammo if your under 21," the alleged post said. "'New policy' However I can walk into the store with a loaded .40 and nobody says anything. What a joke."

His public profile indicates he followed several right-wing Facebook pages that posted hordes of pro-gun memes, as well as pro-Trump, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-trans memes.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Not enough information. If he was breaking laws...book him,,,if he wasn't let him go. We could speculate all day long. Was he protesting the fact that you are not even safe in a Walmart, or was he about ready to shoot the place up?

After we find out more about what he was doing we can have a discussion.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Whew! I thought he was a bad guy!

Hereís a question. What if he shot the guy who pointed the gun at him? Self defense? Should we arm the cashiers?
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
According to a probable cause statement filed in court Friday, Andreychenko told police he was recording himself in case somebody tried to stop him and tell him to leave.

"I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment," Andreychenko said, according to the documents.

He told police he had intended to buy grocery bags and didn't think people would react the way that they did.

"This is Missouri, I understand if we were somewhere else like New York or California, people would freak out," he said.

Andreychenko is vehemently pro-gun, according to his social media pages.

Widely circulated screenshots of a Facebook post reportedly made by Andreychenko railed against Walmart for raising the age limit for buying a gun from 18 to 21 in February. BuzzFeed News was not able to independently verify the post was written by the suspect, as his Facebook page was made private by Friday.

The posts stated:

"It's official. I hate Walmart. Apparently they won't sell Rifle and shotgun ammo if your under 21," the alleged post said. "'New policy' However I can walk into the store with a loaded .40 and nobody says anything. What a joke."

His public profile indicates he followed several right-wing Facebook pages that posted hordes of pro-gun memes, as well as pro-Trump, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-trans memes.
It sounds like he was just exercising his 2nd amendment rights. It was a very stupid time to pull a stunt like that. If there is a legal consequence he should pay it. I am still waiting to hear the charges.
Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Whew! I thought he was a bad guy!

Hereís a question. What if he shot the guy who pointed the gun at him? Self defense? Should we arm the cashiers?
If he had no bad intentions why would he shoot? He was in more danger of being shot himself. If he shot the "good guy with a gun" then he would have been the bad guy. If the cashiers want to get concealed carry they should have the right to. If Walmart doesn't want to allow concealed carry then they have the right to do that. It is the government that is not allowed to infringe on my "right to bear arms"
Sponsored Links