Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 01-22-2013
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerwrestler View Post
That Mario Gonzalez match was a huge loss. Illinois wouldve been up by 5 with a win with one match to go. That is also without BJ as well. I wanted to see BJ and Nick wrestle.
I did too, but I think Futrells speed would have given Nick trouble. The same held true for Thomas and Chris D. Dylan Ness did not look right at all, believe he was ill according to my contact.
Old 01-22-2013
Olympian

Mr. white. I agree with you and hope Jordan feels that way also, I THINK HE DID. I was only referring to " the experts".
Old 01-22-2013
Varsity

Actually Blanton had met Storley last year winning 1-0 with a ride out, so "underdog", I'm not so sure? By the way, whatever happened to Pat Walker at heavyweight? The kid (senior) had a really good early season under his belt.
Old 01-22-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldude View Post
Actually Blanton had met Storley last year winning 1-0 with a ride out, so "underdog", I'm not so sure? By the way, whatever happened to Pat Walker at heavyweight? The kid (senior) had a really good early season under his belt.
i think he's out for the season with a injury, Lopez is there Hvy now. until black come's in as a freshmen next year.
Old 01-22-2013
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
I did too, but I think Futrells speed would have given Nick trouble. The same held true for Thomas and Chris D. Dylan Ness did not look right at all, believe he was ill according to my contact.
I think Thomas' jabs won it for him. Every time Chris D. moved forward, Thomas would throw a jab to the face/forehead and stop him in his tracks.
Old 01-22-2013
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlersdad View Post
I think Thomas' jabs won it for him. Every time Chris D. moved forward, Thomas would throw a jab to the face/forehead and stop him in his tracks.
That is true, he jabbed him like 100 times! I don't recall Thomas doing that to other opponents? I sure noticed it against Dardanes.
Old 01-23-2013
Olympian

Ness hasn't looked good to me in hardly any of the duals I have seen so far on the Big Ten Network. Seen him wrestle 3 or 4 times so far this year and he has struggled. As far as Thomas keeps working that blast double and penetrating the way he does, will be in good shape. he has speed and power and plenty of agility. I to believe futrell would've given Nick fits, think he has the upperhand. Illinois is tougher than their record speaks, i would say their more like a top 4or5 school. With Bj in the lineup, tough dual team to beat. When are the national duals? I can see another good finish coming. I think the only teams in the Big ten right now that have an edge are Penn State and Iowa.
Old 01-23-2013
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerwrestler View Post
Ness hasn't looked good to me in hardly any of the duals I have seen so far on the Big Ten Network. Seen him wrestle 3 or 4 times so far this year and he has struggled. As far as Thomas keeps working that blast double and penetrating the way he does, will be in good shape. he has speed and power and plenty of agility. I to believe futrell would've given Nick fits, think he has the upperhand. Illinois is tougher than their record speaks, i would say their more like a top 4or5 school. With Bj in the lineup, tough dual team to beat. When are the national duals? I can see another good finish coming. I think the only teams in the Big ten right now that have an edge are Penn State and Iowa.
Dylan hasn't looked good. He was/is nursing an injury this year along with being sick versus Illinois. I hope he can turn it around by the Big Tens, he is fun to watch when healthy.
Old 01-23-2013
Official's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy wrestler09 View Post
I can't believe they reversed that takedown, i def. agreed with the announcers there, the whizzer was put in too late. Great reversal for nearfall in the third though.
Wasn't that the same official from last years Ohio St. vs Michigan dual? He completely kicked a huge call in OT that cost MI the dual. Does anyone else remember this?
Old 01-23-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_19 View Post
Wasn't that the same official from last years Ohio St. vs Michigan dual? He completely kicked a huge call in OT that cost MI the dual. Does anyone else remember this?
Worst call ever. Same guy. Was talking with others yesterday about that exact ref/call that jobbed Michigan's 174 Zeerip in 2ot vs. Heflin from tOSU.... in the 30 sec. ride out, Zeerip had bottom and reversed Heflin clean and proceeded to ride him an additional 10-12 seconds. After they went out of bounds, ref completely forgets what planet he's on and motioned for Zeerip to start back on bottom. Zeerip protests, Michigan coaches go ballistic, Tom Ryan's over in the corner snickering, second ref is mute and the lead ref is fumbling thru his explanation. Zeerip "loses" after kicking Heflin out and failing to score a last-second td.
Sponsored Links