Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 02-13-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
I began my freshmen year as A 13 year old. I recently coached kids who was 16 at the end of their Freshman year and they got their drivers license before their Freshman year ended.

My son got his license in summer after his freshman year and wasn't held back so it could happen. Getting your license BEFORE you finish eighth grade, is a problem! LOL
Old 02-13-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent Assassin View Post
This was out of hand when the kid was allowed to compete in IKWF sanctioned event as senior against 12 year olds. Once the IKWF finally informed the family he would be ineligible for state series they asked for an appeal still trying to manipulate the system.

He wrestled at Midwest Classic and mom was at head table trying to convince the tournament directors her son should win the outstanding wrestler award.
One would think knowing your son is 2 year holdback you would keep quiet and just go with the flow. Not this one.

All the grief the mom is taking on here is well deserved as well as every other wrestling media outlet. Spend sometime around her and you would agree. She has always wanted the spotlight on her son well she has it now.
First off, his age is listed at "14" on the IKWF roster. https://ikwf.org/showClub.php?cStatu...it=View+Roster

He has every right to wrestle in an IKWF event. There are zero rules being broken here.

Also, I have met her and spent time around her. We have gotten along swimmingly. She's been very supportive of my son's wrestling career.
Old 02-13-2019
Olympian

Depends on his birthday and I can assume he has a late birthday after the September 1st cutoff this year. He wrestled cadet FR/GR last year and will be a second year cadet this year. Not many enter high school having been 2nd year cadets. Easy math says he has a late birthday and started school late AND was held back at least once. He most likely is 15 now.
Old 02-13-2019
Varsity

As a group, we should hire a decoy kid to become friends with the boy. Then when he gets invited to his birthday party, he can report back to us when his birthday is, how old he is, and what his favorite type if cake is!
Old 02-14-2019

https://youtu.be/e7e9aNSqIGk

Is this the same kid we are talking about? He was in 7th grade last year according to this...
Old 02-14-2019

The kid is in 8th and not disputed; however it looks as if he repeated 6th twice. He was 12 when he won Novice in 2016, if you look in the program; ironically I believe there may be a 2nd hold back around in that same 101 bracket. That would make his current age 15 and able to have a drivers permit
The young man is huge if you saw him at the Winter Classic compared to the other kids you would know 145 is his fighting weight not walk around weight. He is not wrestling up two weights. Everyone claims the rules allow you to hold back; well in this case it seems it was too late for the State Series.

If his mother wants a bracket get her a framed piece of cardboard and list every kid in the IKWF and IESA and put Champ on it and his solo name.

The mother running on the mat for revenge was over the top. The kid had his back turned and was not a threat to anyone. This should be a warning. You cannot waiver liability for negligence to provide a safe venue. If you are aware of this incident you need to reconsider allowing a parent like that to be part of your team or event.

The kid has done nothing wrong and is not the issue; however, he has had his chance to wrestle in the IKWF State Series, Tulsa was his prize.
Old 02-14-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2classesnot3 View Post
The kid is in 8th and not disputed; however it looks as if he repeated 6th twice. He was 12 when he won Novice in 2016, if you look in the program; ironically I believe there may be a 2nd hold back around in that same 101 bracket. That would make his current age 15 and able to have a drivers permit
The young man is huge if you saw him at the Winter Classic compared to the other kids you would know 145 is his fighting weight not walk around weight. He is not wrestling up two weights. Everyone claims the rules allow you to hold back; well in this case it seems it was too late for the State Series.

If his mother wants a bracket get her a framed piece of cardboard and list every kid in the IKWF and IESA and put Champ on it and his solo name.

The mother running on the mat for revenge was over the top. The kid had his back turned and was not a threat to anyone. This should be a warning. You cannot waiver liability for negligence to provide a safe venue. If you are aware of this incident you need to reconsider allowing a parent like that to be part of your team or event.

The kid has done nothing wrong and is not the issue; however, he has had his chance to wrestle in the IKWF State Series, Tulsa was his prize.
He is ineligible for IKWF State Series.
Old 02-14-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Weber View Post
He is ineligible for IKWF State Series.
Just out of curiosity...why is he ineligible? His age was 14 by the new cutoff date. That should make him eligible to compete in the state series no matter if he is 15 now.
Old 02-14-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shute View Post
Just out of curiosity...why is he ineligible? His age was 14 by the new cutoff date. That should make him eligible to compete in the state series no matter if he is 15 now.
Someone probably knows the exact rule, but I believe IKWF has bylaws against holding back kids after 3rd or 4th grade? I assume that is the rule affecting his eligibility.
Old 02-14-2019
Olympian

You only get so many trips to state once you enter a certain grade. So from say say 5th grade on now, you get four trips to state. If you are held back, you don’t get another crack at a state title. You go 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th.
Sponsored Links