Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 03-03-2010

Tough Coaches

Which coaches in their 30's, 40's, or even 50's are still in great shape? It was brought to my attention how some guys just have it no matter how long they have been out of competition or routine training. An example would be coach Durlacher from Buffalo Grove who i've know for almost 20 years. The guy can't weigh more than 130 lbs but could lift me (205) in the air and throw me around with ease during technique demonstration. It's great to see how these coaches maintain incredible technique, strength, and demeanor. Any similar stories?
Old 03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh14fb28 View Post
Which coaches in their 30's, 40's, or even 50's are still in great shape? It was brought to my attention how some guys just have it no matter how long they have been out of competition or routine training. An example would be coach Durlacher from Buffalo Grove who i've know for almost 20 years. The guy can't weigh more than 130 lbs but could lift me (205) in the air and throw me around with ease during technique demonstration. It's great to see how these coaches maintain incredible technique, strength, and demeanor. Any similar stories?
Shane Cook from Stevenson is an absolute monster.. Wrestled for U of I.
Old 03-03-2010
Olympian

call me when they place at Midlands when they are over 40

a la Mr Dale Eggert of Libertyville hs. A great guy and excellent coach.
Old 03-03-2010
litewate

Any stats on average lifespan of these past wrestlers. The knees and other joints holdin up alright?
Old 03-03-2010
Varsity

Toughest coaching staff: Hononegah High School. Marty Kaiser is a legend, and recent HOF inductee, that still rolls around with the boys during live goes. Jim Powell is also a legend in the Rockford area where he coached at several high school. He is also a retired member of the US Navy. Current head coach Justin Wieman is tough dude. He had a great MMA career and beat some guys that eventually went on to the UFC. Aaron Arnsmeier also fought in MMA and played college rugby. I wouldn't want to meet these dudes in a dark alley.
Old 03-03-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs84 View Post
a la Mr Dale Eggert of Libertyville hs. A great guy and excellent coach.

Dale Eggert is the oldest person to ever place at the midlands. That is impressive
Old 03-03-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic-10man View Post
Toughest coaching staff: Hononegah High School. Marty Kaiser is a legend, and recent HOF inductee, that still rolls around with the boys during live goes. Jim Powell is also a legend in the Rockford area where he coached at several high school. He is also a retired member of the US Navy. Current head coach Justin Wieman is tough dude. He had a great MMA career and beat some guys that eventually went on to the UFC. Aaron Arnsmeier also fought in MMA and played college rugby. I wouldn't want to meet these dudes in a dark alley.

Why is Marty Kaiser not the head coach? And when did he step down?
Old 03-03-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRFAN99 View Post
Dale Eggert is the oldest person to ever place at the midlands. That is impressive

How old was he when he placed?
Old 03-03-2010
Olympian

Older than dirt!
Old 03-03-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockness View Post
How old was he when he placed?
I know that he placed 7th when he was 39. I believe that was '97. He wrestled in the Midlands in his 40's, just can't remember if or what he placed.

Lauden

Last edited by lauden swain; 03-03-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links