Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

Woah!

https://mobile.twitter.com/FurmanRmf...807878/video/1
Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

Biggest question ongoing (More than her charging the mat which is of course crazy). Was this legal ?
Other kids was losing 2-6 early in the 2nd period. Wasn't doesn't help his case any in terms of intent. Too me, it looks like intent to harm with trapping the arm and slamming his head into mat. If we are to call the simple elbow-wrist combination a slam from the feet, then this seems worse to me. This spells concussion through and through. Interested to get others thoughts.
Old 02-10-2019

Not shocking to say the least

Maybe just maybe this was a case of kid who is a double holdback, will be 16 the second month when high school starts next September and is illegible to wrestle in IKWF state series this year beating up on kids still in Jr high and other kid had enough. All of the above are facts with exception of kid having enough that is just pure speculation. If you ever spent time around the person that ran onto the mat you wouldn't be surprised. Same adult that was throwing punches in Tulsa a few months ago. Embarrassing.

If this was a dad who ran onto the mat they would of arrested him instantly instead she will get a pass again. Do us all a favor move this thread to the 3A board since the kid will be attending Mt. Carmel and should already be enrolled.
Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent Assassin View Post
Maybe just maybe this was a case of kid who is a double holdback, will be 16 the second month when high school starts next September and is illegible to wrestle in IKWF state series this year beating up on kids still in Jr high and other kid had enough. All of the above are facts with exception of kid having enough that is just pure speculation. If you ever spent time around the person that ran onto the mat you wouldn't be surprised. Same adult that was throwing punches in Tulsa a few months ago. Embarrassing.

If this was a dad who ran onto the mat they would of arrested him instantly instead she will get a pass again. Do us all a favor move this thread to the 3A board since the kid will be attending Mt. Carmel and should already be enrolled.
Don't disagree with anything you said. Actually well stated. She is bat $h!t crazy and many other words I shouldn't say on a public board. This topic has been covered many times over. I seriously dislike the concept of holdbacks.

If we can put that aside, still curious about the call. It is an interesting one. Is this legal ? Probably nothing in the second motion is illegal.
Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

I hope that she was bounced and had to take her kid with her. For all you officials out there, don't put your hands on someone to move them.
Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

Wait what? 16 as a freshman are you being serious? He has to have an IEP/504 plan in school or was this the decision from the parents specific to his wrestling career.

Last edited by gulach; 02-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55663 View Post
I hope that she was bounced and had to take her kid with her. For all you officials out there, don't put your hands on someone to move them.
She wasnt. Instead she was seen chatting it up with Coach David Taylor. There is also video of Coach Jeff Buxton matside during the kids matches.
Old 02-10-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suidecradle View Post
She wasnt. Instead she was seen chatting it up with Coach David Taylor. There is also video of Coach Jeff Buxton matside during the kids matches.
Well I live in NJ about 20min from Buxton club not sure how well you know Jeff but he won't put up with that stuff.At Buxton club mom will be in the waiting room with the rest of the parents.Dont know the kid at all imagine he's a great kid going to Blair would be a good idea be great for him to get away
Old 02-10-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suidecradle View Post
Now Iím impressed.
Old 02-11-2019

My first reaction to the video was " Is Brayden ok?" I heard that the head ref confirmed the illegal throw and DQ. If your kid is laying motionless on the mat after another kid throws him (whether it's legal or not), would you just sit there and do nothing? Is this really a big joke to everyone? I thought he might either have a concussion or neck injury. The mother of the wrestler that did the illegal throw is the one that posted the video. It shows no class on her part for posting the video.
Sponsored Links