Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-17-2019
Junior Varsity

Bailey 132

Any one know why Sincere Bailey threw his medal on the ground and walk off the podium?
Old 02-17-2019
Advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab11 View Post
Any one know why Sincere Bailey threw his medal on the ground and walk off the podium?
Because it didn't have "1st place" on it?
Old 02-17-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab11 View Post
Did this actually happen?
Old 02-17-2019
Olympian

Well he forfeited out after the semifinal loss. Kid needs to do some growing up. Sometimes you don’t win.

Sad thing is there are several thousand kids around the state who would be very happy to trade places with him.
Old 02-17-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
Did this actually happen?
Yes, as they turned to face the parents for pictures he threw the medal and walked off. Everyone else stayed for the pictures. He then walked over tonhis brother who was warming up. Before that, seconds after they put the medal on him, he put the medal in his pocket and just stood there.
Old 02-17-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-HUG View Post
Yes, as they turned to face the parents for pictures he threw the medal and walked off. Everyone else stayed for the pictures. He then walked over tonhis brother who was warming up. Before that, seconds after they put the medal on him, he put the medal in his pocket and just stood there.
That shows a lot of class.
Old 02-17-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-HUG View Post
Unfortunately, an accurate account. Trahey from Oak Forest never even took the podium for his second place finish. Does anyone know what the IHSA consequences are for this?
Old 02-17-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duncan View Post
Unfortunately, an accurate account. Trahey from Oak Forest never even took the podium for his second place finish. Does anyone know what the IHSA consequences are for this?
Public stoning?

Seriously though, if you make it to the finals, no one WANTS second, but c'mon man, show some class !!!!
There are 14 other guys in that bracket who would happily change spots with you.

It's not about you.

Last edited by Crystal Clearly; 02-17-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2019
Wrestling Media

. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Well he forfeited out after the semifinal loss. Kid needs to do some growing up. Sometimes you don’t win.

Sad thing is there are several thousand kids around the state who would be very happy to trade places with him.
He forfeited out due to the injury to his elbow and also went to a local hospital. Let’s remember these are kids that put a lot into this thing called wrestling.

My own son lost his Soph year and we could not find him for his next match. Turns out he went to the top row of the highest level of the Dome. He came for one place and it was a struggle to accept that he was not getting that place. Sitting there still in his singlet and shoes he observed the whole scene and tried to find soloce into what had happened. Revelation that 38 & 3 and a lofty ranking was just not good enough had just hit

Acceptance and maturity comes to us at different points in our lives. Please don’t judge these teenage kids until you walk in their shoes. They are all still in development into being whole.
Old 02-17-2019
Varsity

Talented kid, sound like he needs to mature. Was looking forward to him and Friddle in the finals. Friddle was on his A game this weekend and I don’t think Bailey would of beat him anyways
Sponsored Links