Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
So you think Bill Clinton is a great person and you think Trump simply by enforcing the law is part of the problem? I guess women are asking for it when they dress provocatively.
This series of posts from my end was only about 2 things:

Climate change is real - at least there is something up, beyond that is the minutia. I thought it was reasonable that NASA's opinion was a solid source (its the only place I ever saw you had to have better than a 3.5 GPA to even apply.) The site I posted with people who disagree - only disagree with aspects (ie Trump now admits its real - just the source), not the whole thing necessarily.

Trump is weird - ie, weirdo. perhaps he is a great president, but even if you are his biggest fan you would have to admit he is pretty weird, maybe we need weird. Perhaps the deficit gets burned up by the hot economy. All those fast jobs being created seem to help. Maybe we cannot do better. (Bill Clinton used to look like a scumbag, compared to Trump he is choir boy.)
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/g...ently-believes

(I will not comment on woman, that is an odd and out of left field thing.)
I guess concern about the first 2 things makes people think I am a liberal. I do not care if a Republican wins, I just think there is an inherent danger in a weirdo being president.
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post

Climate change is real - at least there is something up, beyond that is the minutia. I thought it was reasonable that NASA's opinion was a solid source (its the only place I ever saw you had to have better than a 3.5 GPA to even apply.) The site I posted with people who disagree - only disagree with aspects (ie Trump now admits its real - just the source), not the whole thing necessarily.

Trump is weird - ie, weirdo. perhaps he is a great president, but even if you are his biggest fan you would have to admit he is pretty weird, maybe we need weird. Perhaps the deficit gets burned up by the hot economy. All those fast jobs being created seem to help. Maybe we cannot do better. (Bill Clinton used to look like a scumbag, compared to Trump he is choir boy.)

I guess concern about the first 2 things makes people think I am a liberal. I do not care if a Republican wins, I just think there is an inherent danger in a weirdo being president.
You are relaxed. I am worried about World War III of course the climate change is real. See, my thing is, I just wish Trump supporters would say their 401(k)s are doing great and thatís why they support him. I could live with that.
Old 07-24-2019
Varsity

Quote:

Not sure how you can call Bill Clinton, who is a rapist, a choir boy?

Trump has been accused of many things, and I believe most of them to be true, but his actions were consensual not forceful. Unless you believe his "grab them" line? Which seems more like locker room talk, and not actual rape like Clinton.
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
You are relaxed. I am worried about World War III of course the climate change is real. See, my thing is, I just wish Trump supporters would say their 401(k)s are doing great and that’s why they support him. I could live with that.
I don't have a 401K. Trump supporters like him for border policy, trade policy, tax policy and America first policy...MAGA. He is bringing factory jobs back. America has been getting the short end of the stick on trade deals for 50+ years.

Peace through strength is the best/only way to avoid war...It does feel like a game of nuclear chicken. I don't think sending pallets of cash(1.7 billion dollars) to Iran(the #1 state sponsor of terror) in the middle of the night so that they can build a nuclear weapon is a good strategy for long term peace. Who was it that made the Iran deal?

If you look past Trumps personality defects, he is just using good old fashion common sense.
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Don't know what you are talking about. A guy I wrestled with is a border agent, I agree with him & not a dude to be trifled with. If you cross the border illegally you are a criminal. Those immigrants are in a tough spot either way. I read an article that China will eventually overtake US but one area that helps the US is increased population, so better off with them. I know 3 kids from HS that became cops, 2 of 3 were shot, & Trump did for illegal immigration that Obama did for gun sales - he is part of the problem. The fear of access caused a rush. (The cops were shot by us home grown on the South Side, thats how we roll I guess - 35 shooting over the 4th -wow.) Only republicans care about AOC, she is just a freshman in charge of nothing. My only comment was about hate in general, we know this stirs the mentally ill. My only comment is that Trump is weird, and weird is un-necessary as the President which in theory should be one of our "best" people. I think the past 10 presidents have been great people (except Nixon - he prolonged the war for personal gain). I have voted Rep in the past. Trump is a great promoter, great businessman, bad person and obviously doesn't mind stirring the pot to remain President. There have never been so many people who have worked for a President who have noted what a weirdo the person is. I liked the idea of a business person in charge but its been worse than expected, do we have nobody better - if not,that is sad. It is possible somebody gets nominated other than Trump. I've traveled a lot lately, its hard to believe we are richest country on earth. Brazil had less homeless than Chicago - its crazy. I rarely post about politics but I finally started because I find it crazy that this is the best that we can come up with - I think when he hugged the flag while giving that **** in the pants look was the last straw. I love America but that was obnoxious.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ILkBTap2-U4UV8
These caravans are not an organic movement...they are being advertised and paid for.
Old 07-25-2019
Junior Varsity

I'm not going long and drawn out on this. If Trump is too weird for you don't vote for him. When he wins again complain all you want. He's done his job and put up with far too much for his effort. His appeal to me is he exposed and is dismantling what appears to be a criminal conspiracy in our government. I never asked him over my house for dinner.
Old 07-25-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I don't have a 401K. Trump supporters like him for border policy, trade policy, tax policy and America first policy...MAGA. He is bringing factory jobs back. America has been getting the short end of the stick on trade deals for 50+ years.

Peace through strength is the best/only way to avoid war...It does feel like a game of nuclear chicken. I don't think sending pallets of cash(1.7 billion dollars) to Iran(the #1 state sponsor of terror) in the middle of the night so that they can build a nuclear weapon is a good strategy for long term peace. Who was it that made the Iran deal?

If you look past Trumps personality defects, he is just using good old fashion common sense.
Before the second gulf war we had UN inspectors in Iraq scouring the country for weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein was not a nice guy. But that country had Stability andinfrastructure and stabilize the region. We actually told inspectors to get out within 48 hours because we are invading
Everyone sat down at dinner and watch precision bombs take out targets That worked out well didn’t it?
Old 07-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Before the second gulf war we had UN inspectors in Iraq scouring the country for weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein was not a nice guy. But that country had Stability and infrastructure and stabilize the region. We actually told inspectors to get out within 48 hours because we are invading
Everyone sat down at dinner and watch precision bombs take out targets That worked out well didnít it?
Trump's not a war monger, but if he does go to war he will do it better than any Commander in Chief ever has in the history of the world.

It was Saddam that kicked out the inspectors and denied them access to weapons sites...he claimed that they were spying on him. They may have let the inspectors back in just before the start of the war...I don't remember.

The war itself went fine...it was the peace that we struggled with. The rules of engagement prevented us from finishing the job...and don't forget it was Trump that changed the rules of engagement and effectively finished the job.

I don't think you have to worry about Trump dragging us into an unnecessary war. But if we have no choice, he will be determined to end it quickly and decisively.
Old 07-26-2019
Olympian

Quick And decisively? Like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan? I admit, we are great in the first period. But these have gone into sudden-death overtime! Here’s a question,Once we bomb the hell out of the country and displace thousands of people. Then what? That’s the question no one considers in war. Then we wonder why there are refugees seeking shelter all over the world .
Old 07-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low dribble View Post
Not sure how you can call Bill Clinton, who is a rapist, a choir boy?

Trump has been accused of many things, and I believe most of them to be true, but his actions were consensual not forceful. Unless you believe his "grab them" line? Which seems more like locker room talk, and not actual rape like Clinton.
Trump has been accused of rape many times, even by his ex-wife. Statement holds true. Clinton = scum bag but Choir Boy compared to Trump who had billions to pay off women many times and chose where and when to be in the public eye.

compare the lists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ct_allegations
vs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_C...ct_allegations

Donald Trump dodged the draft 5 times, then claims he was a “brave soldier” for avoiding STDs. “It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam."

Everybody knows Clinton wouldn't say anything close to the above. I could take a bad guy or scum bag as President. (ie Bruce Wolfe's famous comment on Ditka, maybe you need a bad guy sometimes) I don't think it is a prudent idea to have a delusional weirdo with the ability start a nuclear war. Trump says so many crazy things people just ignore it, know one knows when he is joking. He lies in weird ways that he has no reason to lie - ie, he said he invented the phrase "prime the pump" - his odd behavior list is endless. Is that really the best we can do?

More Trumps quotes:
ISIS:*"I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
Technology:*"Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
Renewable energy:*"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth."*(April 2016.)
Construction:*"[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
Debt:*"I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)

PS, you old people might like this...
https://wgntv.com/2019/07/26/133-foo...go-area-today/

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 07-26-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links