Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN DAD View Post
Well he did say “elite KIDS programs”. I’m not sure, but didn’t they win IKWF senior duals and win either novice or senior in Rockford? As of right now they are one of the elite kids clubs in IL. As far as high school kids, I have not heard of anyone YET, but how long have they been around?
I don't care how many State title or whatever you have. You can be a top team "currently" I guess.

But you can't claim to be a top CLUB until some kids that came into your door with zero experience walk out with a wheelbarrow full of trophies and bracket boards.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
I don't care how many State title or whatever you have. You can be a top team "currently" I guess.

But you can't claim to be a top CLUB until some kids that came into your door with zero experience walk out with a wheelbarrow full of trophies and bracket boards.
Does that happen anymore?

Seems as though a kid will start at a local club, then, by their choice or their parents, switch to another club (grass is always greener.....)

Or

If a kid starts out at an "elite" club they either:
1) Show potential, are given guidance, coaching and gain experience and everything is wonderful, everyone is happy and the kid moves on to the Olympics...
2) Show potential, are given guidance, coaching and gain experience, then their parents think that they will become the next Jordan Burroughs and wonder why their coaches aren't seeing the same thing so they leave for another "elite" club that will see it.
3) Show potential, are given guidance, coaching and gain experience, then see wrestling become a "job" because they are treated like an object, get burned out, then start selling drugs to their friends via social media.
4) Do not (immediately) show potential and are systematically ignored by said club until the parents "get the hint" and go to another club.

I have no personal experience with any of these scenarios, but I have seen each of them as an observer.
Sponsored Links