Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Preston Waughtel won a pretty tough 58 bracket and looked pretty good doing it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
Preston Waughtel won a pretty tough 58 bracket and looked pretty good doing it.

Yes he did, I was matside with Weston Church during the championship match. By the end of the second period it was obvious that Preston was in Westonís head and had him broke mentally. Weston is a tough physical wrestler but I think he had enough. The 58 elite bracket was strange, those kids never wrestled their first match until noon or something silly like that?

Lots of upsets yesterday at JD. several studs didnít look like themselves. Iím not sure if I attribute it to an actual lack of matside coaching or the mental intimidation of not having a coach, possibly the large venue?? Still scratching my head in a few of the matches.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoojunky View Post
The 58 elite bracket was strange, those kids never wrestled their first match until noon or something silly like that?

Lots of upsets yesterday at JD. several studs didnít look like themselves. Iím not sure if I attribute it to an actual lack of matside coaching or the mental intimidation of not having a coach, possibly the large venue?? Still scratching my head in a few of the matches.
55 was like that too. They called the whole group twice and then sent them back. First matches were around 11:30 I think. They were already handing out awards for other brackets. But, the whole bracket has to go through it, so it's whatever. I know my guy had a pretty rough day. Obviously not speaking for anyone else, but I think the biggest affect the no coaching had on him was simply the encouragement through the match. That and bronchitis - which is a pretty epic dad fail on my part.
Sponsored Links