Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 12-19-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on1 View Post
Someone needs to tell 1 to go up or other to go down lol. Either way, tons of great matches at several weights. If that matchup doesnt take place at JT, good chance it doesnt happen this year. Will be fun to watch
Circling back to this. After watching both wrestlers on Sunday at Joe Tholl, I doubt it would really be all that close. Mendoza is at another level. Guessing Mendoza by 8 - 10 points. Verette is tough, but looks to lack the offense compared to what he would face vs Mendoza. Verrette was wrestling at 95. I think he was outsized a bit against older bigger kids. Fingers crossed we will still see the matchup.
Old 12-19-2018
Varsity

Are they the same age? First year seniors?
Old 12-19-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
Are they the same age? First year seniors?
No, they are year apart. I dont expect to see them matchup this year. Only other possible chance they could meet would be at midwest classic. Even though Seth would be giving up a little size, I still think seth is on another level. No disrespect to Verrette.. he too is very talented. Would still like to see match. Id also like to see Crouch matchup w/ seth or Verrette.
Old 12-20-2018

The chances you see that match are slim to none as Mendoza can wrestle at 80lbs if he wants. Nothing against Verette who is a tough 11yr old but that match wouldn’t be close.
Old 12-20-2018
Junior Varsity

Verrette is a very talented kid and at novice he will be a top contender. However, let's be realistic. Colby and Seth are older and at a completely different level.

If the brackets align, I predict the finals at 89 Novice being Verrette and Major which would be two of the top 11 year olds in the country going at it. Should be fun to watch!

89 Senior will probably be one of the deepest weights at state this year and equally as fun to watch.

Last edited by oldfat145; 12-20-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorville View Post
The chances you see that match are slim to none as Mendoza can wrestle at 80lbs if he wants. Nothing against Verette who is a tough 11yr old but that match wouldn’t be close.

agreed. Seth is the best in IK right now.
Old 12-20-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappedOut View Post
agreed. Seth is the best in IK right now.
Wish Mendoza and Webster were same weight. I think Seth gives him all he can handle.
Old 12-22-2018
Varsity

Webster is the best IKWF, Freestyle and Greco not wrestling high school in the state right now.
Old 12-22-2018
Varsity

Saw Nasir Bailey and Vincent Robinson at MS at VAC less than two weeks ago. They may be 15 or an older 14 but still in MS. Think they have the edge over all.
Old 12-22-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toohonest View Post
Saw Nasir Bailey and Vincent Robinson at MS at VAC less than two weeks ago. They may be 15 or an older 14 but still in MS. Think they have the edge over all.
Are these two eligible again?
Sponsored Links