Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 131
Did Oak Park and Montini just wrestle in their 5th tournament?

Montini wrestling
Ironman
Dvorak
Buchanan
Beat The Streets
CCL

Oak Park wrestling
Hinsdale Central
Powerade
The Clash
Beat The streets
OP Invite
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
calotofwrestling calotofwrestling is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Montini wrestling
Ironman
Dvorak
Buchanan
Beat The Streets
CCL

Oak Park wrestling
Hinsdale Central
Powerade
The Clash
Beat The streets
OP Invite
I don't believe Beat The Streets was a tournament.
Matchups were determined prior to the event they were just dual meets
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
coachperry coachperry is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 639
Even if it was it wouldn't matter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
southsidehawkeye southsidehawkeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 226
If OPRF wrestles a conference tournament then that would be 5.

Only allowed 4.

Someone correct me
If Iím wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 131
Mike Powell in his Beat the Streets write up called it a tournament.

In 1995 they canceled the dual state meet for the same reason. This should get interesting

They gave out places:


Duals Results
1st Place - Lake Highland Prep
2nd Place - Bergen Catholic
3rd Place - Montini Catholic
4th Place - Oak Park River Forest
5th Place - Poway High School
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
coachgonzalez coachgonzalez is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 241
Beat the streets was definitely duals with no chance of being a tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
will-I-am's Avatar
will-I-am will-I-am is offline
hawkeye 4 life
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachperry View Post
Even if it was it wouldn't matter
Cool story!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
will-I-am's Avatar
will-I-am will-I-am is offline
hawkeye 4 life
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Mike Powell in his Beat the Streets write up called it a tournament.

In 1995 they canceled the dual state meet for the same reason. This should get interesting

They gave out places:


Duals Results
1st Place - Lake Highland Prep
2nd Place - Bergen Catholic
3rd Place - Montini Catholic
4th Place - Oak Park River Forest
5th Place - Poway High School
In 95 there were no dual tournaments, all tournaments in question were individual
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
coachperry coachperry is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-I-am View Post
Cool story!
Was it a cool story ? Or is it true? Or only when you think somthing is wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
will-I-am's Avatar
will-I-am will-I-am is offline
hawkeye 4 life
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachperry View Post
Was it a cool story ? Or is it true? Or only when you think somthing is wrong?
I can speak from experience that when a private school makes an infraction of the rules the Ihsa is very quick to throw the book at them. Ihsa hates privateís almost as much as you do
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.