Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-07-2006

Watch Out for Deshawn Anderson at 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto
Can any city kids get out of here, which ones?

After seeing Deshawn Anderson from Austin wrestle over the weekend I think he will make quick work of the lower bracket at 152 and look for a repeat of the Robbins/Anderson matchup.
Old 02-07-2006
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauden swain
mckbln,
Thanks for the time to make predictions but your bias toward the OPRF regional is pretty heavy. I hope that if you go the the sectional, you watch other wrestlers because you are missing quite a few that are going to challenge those from the OPRF regional.
respectfully,
Lauden
What bias??? Take a closer look. One of the reasons I didn't even pick a couple of the weights is because I know the Fenwick regional was weak in them and I haven't seen enough of the others to know.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 02-08-2006
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln
What bias??? Take a closer look. One of the reasons I didn't even pick a couple of the weights is because I know the Fenwick regional was weak in them and I haven't seen enough of the others to know.
mckbln only speaks the truth. everyone knows which team I am pulling for, but if score were kept (BY REGIONAL) then CLEARLY, the regional with OPRF/Fenwick/PE wins the sectional. at each weight I figure at least one guy from this regional goes to state. in terms of regional toughness I see it like this

Chicago regional - weakest
MS/Lake Park- 2nd weakest
Glenbrook south regional - NT/NN/ND-2nd strongest
PE/OPRF/Fenwick- strongest

I dont think the PE/OPRF/Fenwick regional was the strongest TOP TO BOTTOM in terms of teams (because the rest were city schools), but that regional is top heavy and will send the most to sectional. - note though, Fenwick is not nearly as strong as last year
Old 02-08-2006
Olympian

mckbln,
If it is not bias towards the Fenwick regional then it is a lack of knowledge involving the rest of the sectional participants. Sorry for the poor semantics. Again, thanks for putting in the time for the predictions but keep your eyes open on Fri and Sat because you're going to see alot of kids for the first time that are very impressive. The Fenwick regional is very good but will not dominate as much as indicated by your predictions.

durham/chicagocoach,
You listed the strongest teams in the GBS regional with your beloved Trevians. Where is Evanston? I saw where the regional went down to the last championship match before the team title was decided.
respectfully,
Lauden

Last edited by lauden swain; 02-08-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2006
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauden swain
mckbln,
If it is not bias towards the Fenwick regional then it is a lack of knowledge involving the rest of the sectional participants. Sorry for the poor semantics. Again, thanks for putting in the time for the predictions but keep your eyes open on Fri and Sat because you're going to see alot of kids for the first time that are very impressive. The Fenwick regional is very good but will not dominate as much as indicated by your predictions.

durham/chicagocoach,
You listed the strongest teams in the GBS regional with your beloved Trevians. Where is Evanston? I saw where the regional went down to the last championship match before the team title was decided.
respectfully,
Lauden
sorry about that - i wasnt trying to name the strongest teams, just throw out a few teams so people knew what regional I was talking about - should have put evanston in the mix (obviously a very close 2nd to NT at regional, which merits much respect).

plus duke was playing UNC last night, so my mind was in other places - evanston is a big part of the GBS regional being so thick
Old 02-08-2006
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMaster189
I dont think that your going to get five better athletes at one weight in one sectional anywhere else in the state and im not saying records just watch these guys wrestle and you'll know what i mean.

Ryan Nallen Sr. Niles (Notre Dame) 30-3
BOBBY BARNHISEL Fr. FENWICK 34-5
LAVELL MILLER Sr. PROVISO EAST 27-5
David Gould So. Skokie (Niles West) 30-8
LILLASHAWN COLEMAN So. OAKPARKRIVERFOREST 26-8
Take a look at Santiago (Von Stueben) and his record...one of the better city kids and he is in this sectional also...

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 02-08-2006
former city coach

Santiago is a tough kid. He's a longshot here, but he's got some skills and hates to lose. I'd love to see him surprise a kid who looks past him.

I can also tell you that for a city kid he's seen some good competition: Munster Super Duals, Wisconsin team duals at Verona, OPRF tourny, Morton, Peoria tournament...
Old 02-08-2006
Junior Varsity

I think that 112 @ Leyden is going to be tough for every wrestler ranked or not. As for as Jacob I wish him the best and if he wrestles hard he should do well.
Old 02-09-2006
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWwarhawk125
I think that 112 @ Leyden is going to be tough for every wrestler ranked or not. As for as Jacob I wish him the best and if he wrestles hard he should do well.
I mean this in the kindest of ways because I have respect, and sympathy for all in that bracket who are not barnheisel, Nallen, Gould, Miller, and Coleman. but in all honesty, no one in the 112 bracket besides those 5 names really stands a chance to place and go downstate.

again, all the more respect i this guy Jacob proves me wrong, but I think he is simply overmatched and by the end of the day he may be recognized as a great kid who just had bad luck of being at the most stacked weight
Old 02-09-2006
former city coach

Santiago is definitely a dark horse here. He's never beaten any of those top five kids. If he doesn't get out, he'll be back next year.

Last edited by voncoach; 02-09-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links