Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-09-2006
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto
give me the best friday night match ups.
112lbs at Leyden, Gould NW vs L. Coleman OPRF

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 02-09-2006
Olympian

Majka

Majka beat Spataro easily at CCL. This is no knock on Nick. He is a tough kid. However, he only began wrestling in HS. Majka has much too much experience.
Old 02-09-2006
Junior Varsity

who cares about the Leyden Sectional! dls baby
Old 02-10-2006
Art

Send a message via AIM to PartyArtie45
d

the dude from hubbard at 171 isnt wrestling in the sectional anymore. i think he got arrested or somethin. there will be really close and tough matches all day especially at this weight.
Old 02-10-2006
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyArtie45
the dude from hubbard at 171 isnt wrestling in the sectional anymore. i think he got arrested or somethin. there will be really close and tough matches all day especially at this weight.
Don't start spreading that cr@&! City athletes have enough problems with perception without this stuff getting thrown out there. The explanation right now is that he was not certified at 171 and therefore was not allowed to wrestle in the Sectional. Why it came up now and not at Regionals, however, is beyond me but until you have facts, don't be spewing your mouth.
Tough break for the kid. I understand he was decent.
Old 02-10-2006

I agree that rumor spreading is b.s. How the certification was messed up I don't understand. Isn't there a rule that says that this type of thing needs to be addressed at the regional seeding meeting? Then, he could have at least wrested 189. This should have been done before the regional. It would be a shame if someone went through the certification sheets after the tournament was over and now his career is over.
I do understand ultimately that the blame falls on the coach and he shouldn't have been at 171, but I hope this wasn't done deliberately after the regional to penalize the kid when he could have wrestled at 189.

Also, he wasn't just a decent wrestler, he would have placed in state. I watched him the past two years and he is an outstanding wrestler and a very good kid. He was at a tough weight last year. He took 4th at Morton behind Kernats, Ward and Golden. He was good enough to qualify last year and win matches at state. This truly is a shame.
Old 02-10-2006
Junior Varsity

I agree

This is Bush League. Did the RB coach sit down with a fine tooth comb and a magnified glass and read everyones Regional entries after the Regional. Who qualifies now that the Hubbard kid is out? I hope its not a RB kid!???
Old 02-10-2006
Junior Varsity

RB Regional

I just looked it up, the RB kid took 2nd, maybe they really really wanted a bye tonight. What a shame.
Old 02-10-2006
former city coach

If the RB regional coordinator contributed to the problem, okay. But it's the coach's fault for not certifying him properly at 171.

Besides, what's the penalty for wrestling in like 30 matches without certifying? Will he forfeit his CPL title now, too? Is this the same as wrestling an ineligible wrestler?

I imagine the IHSA will be looking into this.

Last edited by voncoach; 02-10-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2006

you have a very good point mainefan.............i didn't know spataro just started wrestling in high school? WOW! that is a shocker, i thought he has been wrestling for some time. imagine if he has been wrestling all his life! Anyways i see majka beating spataro, less of course if you look at the "Any given sunday" statement, but i just don't see it happening.
Sponsored Links