Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2016
Train Double Train Double is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 116
Coal City

Is 16-17 their year? Dakota is losing 7 starters from this past years team while CC is only losing 4 starters. CC has a great freshman class coming in as well!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2016
NewmanFan1983's Avatar
NewmanFan1983 NewmanFan1983 is offline
Old Timer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Double View Post
Is 16-17 their year? Dakota is losing 7 starters from this past years team while CC is only losing 4 starters. CC has a great freshman class coming in as well!
According to the IHSA state finals roster, Dakota had 6 seniors but one had a record of 6-13. CC had 8 seniors with 3 having no significant impact (1-6, 1-2, 2-2) so they really lost 5. Seems like pretty much of a wash to me. Did Dakota lose someone other than a senior?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2016
I8Pride's Avatar
I8Pride I8Pride is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coal City
Posts: 656
It's way too early for predictions in my eyes. But the low down on CC is this. They lose 2 big time wrestlers. Rivera and Kauzlaric both state champs at one time. Three other Seniors, 2 that qualified for state and one that just missed out on qualifying. They have 7 returning state qualifiers. Two (Friddle and Hiles) who were placers. I think this year will be wide open fro the team title, especially with the new rules for team state
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2016
NewmanFan1983's Avatar
NewmanFan1983 NewmanFan1983 is offline
Old Timer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
especially with the new rules for team state
I don't read everything on this forum so please forgive me if it's already been posted about but what are the new rules for team state?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2016
Sugar foot Sugar foot is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Other side of fence
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
It's way too early for predictions in my eyes. But the low down on CC is this. They lose 2 big time wrestlers. Rivera and Kauzlaric both state champs at one time. Three other Seniors, 2 that qualified for state and one that just missed out on qualifying. They have 7 returning state qualifiers. Two (Friddle and Hiles) who were placers. I think this year will be wide open fro the team title, especially with the new rules for team state
I'm curious to about these new rules
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2016
I8Pride's Avatar
I8Pride I8Pride is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coal City
Posts: 656
http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...a-minutes2.pdf




Approved recommendation 1: V. Tournament Assignment and Seeding (10 1 0) -


Prior to the assignments of teams to regionals, coaches will conduct an on-line
seeding of the teams assigned to the sectional to separate the top 4 teams into different regionals
with the remaining teams being assigned by geography.

The committee recommends this change to separate the top teams within the sectional in
preparation for the team sectional as well as dividing up the top individual wrestlers within the
sectional. Since wrestling has a team and individual component, this would be an addition to the
state tournament series that would be similar to the seeding of other team state series. This would
not significantly impact travel as only 4 teams within a sectional would be designated to specific
regional sites and those four would be designated by geography within the four predetermined
regional sites.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2016
Panther Coach Panther Coach is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 186
I8 Pride - That advisory recommendation failed at the IHSA board level. I was an advisory committee recommendation and the athletic advisory committee made the recommendation, but according to the notes added to the advisory committee meeting minutes, it failed at the board level.

http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...wr-minutes.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2016
I8Pride's Avatar
I8Pride I8Pride is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coal City
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Coach View Post
I8 Pride - That advisory recommendation failed at the IHSA board level. I was an advisory committee recommendation and the athletic advisory committee made the recommendation, but according to the notes added to the advisory committee meeting minutes, it failed at the board level.

http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...wr-minutes.pdf
Well I guess I'm the dumb@ss haha. Why wouldnt they pass this? It's a no brainer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-26-2016
squeally squeally is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 80
I still don't think anybody should over look the teams in the Northwest corner...Byron, LW and Dakota. Just my opinion...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-26-2016
I8Pride's Avatar
I8Pride I8Pride is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coal City
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeally View Post
I still don't think anybody should over look the teams in the Northwest corner...Byron, LW and Dakota. Just my opinion...
I don't believe anybody is......
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.