Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 07-18-2016
Veteran

Coal City

Is 16-17 their year? Dakota is losing 7 starters from this past years team while CC is only losing 4 starters. CC has a great freshman class coming in as well!
Old 07-18-2016
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Double View Post
Is 16-17 their year? Dakota is losing 7 starters from this past years team while CC is only losing 4 starters. CC has a great freshman class coming in as well!
According to the IHSA state finals roster, Dakota had 6 seniors but one had a record of 6-13. CC had 8 seniors with 3 having no significant impact (1-6, 1-2, 2-2) so they really lost 5. Seems like pretty much of a wash to me. Did Dakota lose someone other than a senior?
Old 07-19-2016
Varsity

It's way too early for predictions in my eyes. But the low down on CC is this. They lose 2 big time wrestlers. Rivera and Kauzlaric both state champs at one time. Three other Seniors, 2 that qualified for state and one that just missed out on qualifying. They have 7 returning state qualifiers. Two (Friddle and Hiles) who were placers. I think this year will be wide open fro the team title, especially with the new rules for team state
Old 07-21-2016
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
especially with the new rules for team state
I don't read everything on this forum so please forgive me if it's already been posted about but what are the new rules for team state?
Old 07-21-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
It's way too early for predictions in my eyes. But the low down on CC is this. They lose 2 big time wrestlers. Rivera and Kauzlaric both state champs at one time. Three other Seniors, 2 that qualified for state and one that just missed out on qualifying. They have 7 returning state qualifiers. Two (Friddle and Hiles) who were placers. I think this year will be wide open fro the team title, especially with the new rules for team state
I'm curious to about these new rules
Old 07-21-2016
Varsity

http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...a-minutes2.pdf

Approved recommendation 1: V. Tournament Assignment and Seeding (10 1 0) -

Prior to the assignments of teams to regionals, coaches will conduct an on-line
seeding of the teams assigned to the sectional to separate the top 4 teams into different regionals
with the remaining teams being assigned by geography.

The committee recommends this change to separate the top teams within the sectional in
preparation for the team sectional as well as dividing up the top individual wrestlers within the
sectional. Since wrestling has a team and individual component, this would be an addition to the
state tournament series that would be similar to the seeding of other team state series. This would
not significantly impact travel as only 4 teams within a sectional would be designated to specific
regional sites and those four would be designated by geography within the four predetermined
regional sites.
Old 07-22-2016
Varsity

I8 Pride - That advisory recommendation failed at the IHSA board level. I was an advisory committee recommendation and the athletic advisory committee made the recommendation, but according to the notes added to the advisory committee meeting minutes, it failed at the board level.

http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...wr-minutes.pdf
Old 07-24-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Coach View Post
I8 Pride - That advisory recommendation failed at the IHSA board level. I was an advisory committee recommendation and the athletic advisory committee made the recommendation, but according to the notes added to the advisory committee meeting minutes, it failed at the board level.

http://www.ihsa.org/documents/adv%20...wr-minutes.pdf
Well I guess I'm the dumb@ss haha. Why wouldnt they pass this? It's a no brainer
Old 07-26-2016
Junior Varsity

I still don't think anybody should over look the teams in the Northwest corner...Byron, LW and Dakota. Just my opinion...
Old 07-26-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeally View Post
I still don't think anybody should over look the teams in the Northwest corner...Byron, LW and Dakota. Just my opinion...
I don't believe anybody is......
Sponsored Links