Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 02-18-2020
Class A Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin_4-5 View Post
Is this related to the new rule stopping kids from competing in both IESA and IKWF post season events? Or has Sycamore declared they are staying IKWF this year? Iíve seen multiple kids that go to schools (Stillman Valley, DeKalb Huntley, Oregon, Harvard, Sycamore, Belvidere) that participate in the IESA tournament each year, with kids competing at IKWF events this year and vice versa.

This has always been a rule as far as I know. You cannot wrestle in both regionals (IESA/IKWF).

I can only speak on behalf of Harvard. Harvard has NEVER had anybody wrestle in both. If the wrestler is a member of the HJH team, they wrestle IESA for regionals. If they just wrestle for the HWC, then they wrestle IKWF regionals.
Old 02-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy View Post
This has always been a rule as far as I know. You cannot wrestle in both regionals (IESA/IKWF).

I can only speak on behalf of Harvard. Harvard has NEVER had anybody wrestle in both. If the wrestler is a member of the HJH team, they wrestle IESA for regionals. If they just wrestle for the HWC, then they wrestle IKWF regionals.

Thank you for clarification. I definitely didn't intend to make a negative assumption about the Harvard wrestling teams, or any other team for that matter. From what I've heard, is that at the end of last season the IESA passed a rule stating that no one could compete in both post season tournaments. Because there were people taking advantage of the competition dates for regional's being on different days, then attending whatever sectional they qualified for, or whichever one they chose.

I assumed that was the reason we saw Harlem go almost exclusively IESA with their junior high kids this season.
Old 02-18-2020
Varsity

There is NO IESA violation for wrestling in IK the day later. I have confirmed this with the IESA executive director. However this is looked down on for the fact they have to declare which they are going and the brackets whichever way they decide to go have to be redone.
Old 02-18-2020
Varsity

Also just confirmed with the IK sectional director there is no rule against competing in both Regionals. The problem is as I stated above. I will however have kids competing in IE Sat and then for our IK team Sunday.
Old 02-19-2020

Anderson from Orion was also a state qualifier last year. @100
Old 02-19-2020

Anderson from Orion was also a state qualifier last year. @100
He was one match away from placing
Old 02-20-2020

Point to Edit at 119 it is Timerman and he is from Sherrard
Old 02-23-2020
FAN

Any other inputs/suggestions before I put out a new list tomorrow? The weight changes have been slightly difficult to keep up with. I am putting in results of Canton and Leroy now.
Old 02-24-2020
Varsity

Schlowin from Pontiac weighed in at 65 and beat Petersen
Old 02-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatwastwo View Post
Any other inputs/suggestions before I put out a new list tomorrow? The weight changes have been slightly difficult to keep up with. I am putting in results of Canton and Leroy now.
Carson Maxey (GCMS) dropped to 105...he'll be a contender in that class.
Sponsored Links