Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Old 04-25-2008

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPBwrestle1 View Post
Hey, you can have whatever opinion you want, but Im not sitting there hiding behind a screename ripping on people just to make myself feel about about my own pathetic life.
Why dont you go start your own forum and see how that works out. Otherwise, post civily on here, and you will be fine.
i'm trying to be civil, but you keep jumping on me.

i think i've proven my point. so you are saying that people can't have opinions that differ from yours, and they must be civil at all times when agreeing with you?
Old 04-25-2008
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Donovan View Post
I can't state my opinion? This is how I feel and what I perceive is going on. You can agree to disagree as I knew so many of you would.

A personal attack? I did not call out any one individual by name. I did not attack someone's character. The negative attitude about NIU has been on here for quite some time. Many of the people who log on here know that I am right.

The rules are not enforced consistently, in my opinon. Now, I have to go teach school today. I won't be online all day reading your posts or posting my thoughts because I have a JOB that I will be attending to.

Amanda, I have no problem with people's opinions on this board. Regarding the negative attacks on NIU, I think it is fair to say that we have all read our fair share of attacks on UI, Iowa, NU, any program. You seem to take things way too personal and I understand you may have an "emotional" connection to the staff and wrestlers at NIU however in the business world you can't let emotions make your decision. Grant maybe a good person BUT as a coach he seems like he is no longer the man for the job at NIU as far as taking the program to the next level. Again I give him credit with the success he has brought into the program and to the fans but I do not see it getting better. Some times coaches need to be held accountable for some of the results and actions that take place within their program. As tough and competitive we are as a state in wrestling I have raised my standards with all the colleges expectations. Is there any reason why I shouldn't expect more from Coach Johnson, Coach Grant, Coach Z, Coach Marienetti programs-I don't think so.
Old 04-25-2008
Olympian

I am not getting into the NIU situation. Im staying away from all of that.
Amanda - you came off as personally attacking the people who run this website, and that is wrong. They are professionals, just like you. Respect them, as they respect you.
I am not saying you cant express your opinions - in fact, please, express away. I very much enjoy reading them. However, I feel it is wrong for people to come on to a message board and attempt to rip other people when 1) They know nothing about those other people. And 2) They are hiding behind a screename. Im sorry, but thats cowardly. Anyone can talk smack behind a fake name. Thats easy, and juvenile. You can post all you want on here and rip on whomever you feel like, and it probably wont get taken down. And, Im sure that make you feel much better about yourself every night. But, until you come out with a real name, and actually post something that is a FACT, you will not have any credibility. I dont run this website, so its not like you are upsetting me. I simply wish more people would stop hiding behind a name, just so they can rip into certain individuals without them knowing. Talking behind people's backs?? Fairly mature. You set a great example for the youths of our country.
Old 04-25-2008
Varsity

DPB do you even have a JOB? hahahahaha
Old 04-25-2008
Olympian

Oh yea, but today we have a teachers meeting OLD WOMAN/MAN. We had an hour to fill out a 15 question survey. It didnt take too long. So I had some free time. Usually, I can only get on the forums during my free period and lunch period. What is your excuse?? Already collecting your social security checks?
Old 04-25-2008
Stud

We all know that Danny is a teacher. In the same building as his dad, right?

NIUFAN-
Are you Danny's mom or dad? Or neither?

The cyber bullying is getting old. She just stated her feelings and got jumped on by the "family".
Old 04-25-2008
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry Wolf View Post
We all know that Danny is a teacher. In the same building as his dad, right?

NIUFAN-
Are you Danny's mom or dad? Or neither?

The cyber bullying is getting old. She just stated her feelings and got jumped on by the "family".

I'm neither crywolf. I do not know the Burks at all to be honest with you.
Old 04-25-2008
Olympian

He is actually both my mom and my dad. All in one.
No - hes right, he doesnt know us, and we dont know him. My mom doesnt know how to use a computer, and my dad doesnt get on the forums.
It is not "cyber bullying". You guys are sheltered if you think this is "bullying". She made a comment about the WEBSITE. Therefore, she is attacking the person running the website. Correct or no?
If not, then how do you explain her actions and intent?? To rip on a website, but praise the people who run it? to rip on the website, with no intent of talking about the people in charge?? That doesnt make sense. That is like people are saying they are picking on the NIU program, but not the coach. Its senseless.
Old 04-25-2008
Varsity

All I can say in regards to the NIU situation is that a coach should always do what is in a kids best interest. Grant is within his rights to deny a release, but why deny it? I'm giving Grant the benefit of the doubt in saying that he coaches for the kids and not for himself, so why create all of the negative publicity for NIU, ruin many relationships with coaches in the community and cripple yourself from a recruiting standpoint. Releasing him would make the kid happy and create lots of good publicity for NIU.
Old 04-25-2008
Varsity

That sounds a lot like a Dr. I know who wears goofy glasses and is horrible at poker.

Sponsored Links