Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Old 01-30-2009
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy View Post
Admin or Maximus,

Have we checked with the IHSA yet to see if we can get maybe a flyer with all this information handed out to the finalists on the podiums? They already receive a letter from the IWCOA inviting them to the Illinois/Indiana dual, maybe we can do the same thing. We would have a lot more particpants I would guess. Just a thought.
Flashy, you know the Class A kids better then anyone... is this something the Class A guys would attend?
Old 01-31-2009
NOT QUITE 119 ANYMORE

I think that this tourney is a great idea. I have one concern because I obviously don't know. This is held at a middle school? What kind of capacity does it have?
Old 02-01-2009

Shabbona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster32 View Post
I think that this tourney is a great idea. I have one concern because I obviously don't know. This is held at a middle school? What kind of capacity does it have?
As far as seating goes, it's going to depend on whether both gyms at the school are used and how the mats are set up. The main (newer) gym does not have much seating. I can't give you a number for capacity, but I know the newer gym was always very crowded when the middle school held its tournament. The older gym has more seating, especially if both sets of bleachers are used. Both gyms combined will probably have enough seating.

Parking at the school might be inadequate, at least it's in short supply when the youth football team has home games or when Shabbona is hosting its wrestling invitational. People will be able to park on the streets running along the school. Additionally, the high school is about 400 yards away and would provide additional parking space as well as Goold Park across the street. I'm not sure if a shuttle bus from those lots would be available or necessary.
Old 02-02-2009
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
As far as seating goes, it's going to depend on whether both gyms at the school are used and how the mats are set up. The main (newer) gym does not have much seating. I can't give you a number for capacity, but I know the newer gym was always very crowded when the middle school held its tournament. The older gym has more seating, especially if both sets of bleachers are used. Both gyms combined will probably have enough seating.

Parking at the school might be inadequate, at least it's in short supply when the youth football team has home games or when Shabbona is hosting its wrestling invitational. People will be able to park on the streets running along the school. Additionally, the high school is about 400 yards away and would provide additional parking space as well as Goold Park across the street. I'm not sure if a shuttle bus from those lots would be available or necessary.
From what I understand, we will be using both gyms... 4 mats in one gym and 2 in the other. Maximus can probably give more details on the setup.
Old 02-03-2009
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster32 View Post
We should have enough seating. We will be using both gyms for the tournament(4 and 2 split) The consession area is located in between gyms, so it should be a nice set up.

With a maximum of 250 wrestlers, I don't see the facility size as an issue.
Old 02-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
We should have enough seating. We will be using both gyms for the tournament(4 and 2 split) The consession area is located in between gyms, so it should be a nice set up.

With a maximum of 250 wrestlers, I don't see the facility size as an issue.
Just for comparison's sake, how many people attending the state finals last year? There were approximately 500 wrestlers for the final day.
Old 02-03-2009
Olympian

The class A kids won't be scared, I guarantee you that.
Old 02-03-2009
Varsity

i have a feeling the class A turn out will have the most champs and runner ups, they have the most to prove
Old 02-04-2009
Olympian

http://www.illinoismatmen.com/hschallenge.php

The tournament web site has been updated to include a few college reps. that are coming...
Old 02-05-2009
Dopest Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC140 View Post
The class A kids won't be scared, I guarantee you that.
I heard they already are.
Yeah but if you do bad stuff you're going to come back as something bad like a slug or an anal bead. But if you do something heroic then you'll come back as like an eagle or a dragon, or Jude Law. Now which would you rather be?
Sponsored Links