Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Old 03-26-2016
Owner/Webmaster

Illinois Matmen All-Access: We Need Your Input

Click here to view the article.
Old 03-26-2016
CS8

I am mixed with this idea. I love the idea of extended coverage, and finances are a necessary ends to that mean. However, I think the current free version we have is an amazing thing. It gives everyone an opportunity to get/add information and spread the news of Illinois wrestling. If you start excluding people based on money it turns into a flow situation. Not knocking them at all, great for the sport, but you have to pay money to get access to the good info. I like our current format here and am very appreciative of it. Just my 2 cents, and I am very appreciative of this website. I just like being able to participate without having to be a paid member. Either way, keep up the good work!
Old 03-27-2016
Owner/Webmaster

A couple things to add:

1. We would still have some free articles. We wouldn't put every single story behind the subscription. The point of the subscription is that we would be offering something in addition to what we have offered in the past.

2. We aren't thinking big money here. My initial thought was to charge somewhere around $25-$30 for an entire year. For every 2 subscriptions we get, we could write another article.
Old 03-27-2016
Varsity

I like the idea and would be willing to spend the $25-$30 per year. I would just hope to have coverage at all levels. Ik, i.e., hs, college, & international. That would help to draw "memberships" from all the demographics that frequent the site. Maybe adding some of the video coverage would draw people as well. An example.... Paid members get live access to Dvorak finals. Free members must wait for archived access.
Old 03-27-2016
Olympian

I would pay for this. It sounds great
Old 03-27-2016
Region/BR/CS/UNI

Extra coverage is a good thing. $25/30 per year is worth it. I like it.
Old 03-27-2016
Junior Varsity

If the year long subscription was the route, I would prefer to see it span from something like November-October so that a subscription covers a full season.
Old 03-27-2016
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
If the year long subscription was the route, I would prefer to see it span from something like November-October so that a subscription covers a full season.
The year would start from the day you purchase the subscription. So if you buy it in November, you would get it until that day in November the following year. If you buy it in March, you would get all the way to the next March. So, technically you would always get a full season.
Old 03-28-2016
Varsity

I don't mind paying anywhere from $15 - $25 or so for this access. I already pay for Edgy Tim and IHSSA forum. I like the articles and if paying a small yearly subscription can add to the articles and coverage I'm all for it. If the subscription fee is put in place, will we see some more matmen streaming of some of the big tourney finals?
Old 03-28-2016
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
It needs to include expanded webcasts as well.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Sponsored Links