Old 01-24-2019
Junior Varsity

Aurora still doesn't have a full team.
Old 01-25-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Aurora still doesn't have a full team.
How many weights do they fill this year?
Old 01-25-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
How many weights do they fill this year?
I went to check them out last night against
Riverside-Brookfield and Wheaton St. Francis and they had some gap forfeits.
A parent of a wrestler told me that they had their fullest team in the Metro Conference Tournament with 13 wrestlers and hope that they will have 13 for the regional although that may require a couple to wrestle above their natural weight.

Lena vs AC, if they meet, should be a good one. Lena is very good.
Old 02-03-2019
Junior Varsity

AC had 12 for the Regional.
152 Jay Cee Gonzalez was unable to wrestle.
113 was also a forfeit.
The rest of the team finished with firsts.
Old 02-04-2019
Olympian

If they win a state trophy this year, you won’t have to worry about it at least for a while; they will be success factored up to 2A next season
Old 02-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
If they win a state trophy this year, you won’t have to worry about it at least for a while; they will be success factored up to 2A next season
Not likely. If it were that easy, it would have happened to Dakota long ago. Or Wilmington before that. It takes more than a few years at the top to force a team up to 2A. Also, I would hope it doesn't happen. Keep the talent in 1A. Even if they do recruit.
Old 02-04-2019
Junior Varsity

Here is what the by-laws say:

B. Success Adjustment
A sport or activity program at a non-boundaried school shall be subject to the success adjustment if, over the course of the last
four school terms, the program has won at least two trophies, one of which must have been within the last two school years. In
such a case, one trophy won in the highest class will be disregarded, and the school will be moved up one class from the highest
class of the remaining trophies. A school will never be adjusted up or down more than one class from one school year to the
next
Old 02-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklepuck View Post
Not likely. If it were that easy, it would have happened to Dakota long ago. Or Wilmington before that. It takes more than a few years at the top to force a team up to 2A. Also, I would hope it doesn't happen. Keep the talent in 1A. Even if they do recruit.
The success factor applies only to private schools (well, technically non-boundaries schools as there are some Chicago Public schools that are not restricted by boundaries though most are not athletic powers). It does not apply to traditional public schools like Dakota. Wrestlex outlined the parameters in the post above this one.

So if AC wins a state trophy this season they will be moved up for the next 2 years.
Old 02-04-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
The success factor applies only to private schools (well, technically non-boundaries schools as there are some Chicago Public schools that are not restricted by boundaries though most are not athletic powers). It does not apply to traditional public schools like Dakota. Wrestlex outlined the parameters in the post above this one.

So if AC wins a state trophy this season they will be moved up for the next 2 years.
They will have to recruit harder to beat Bloomington next year.
Old 02-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerx View Post
Here is what the by-laws say:

B. Success Adjustment
A sport or activity program at a non-boundaried school shall be subject to the success adjustment if, over the course of the last
four school terms, the program has won at least two trophies, one of which must have been within the last two school years. In
such a case, one trophy won in the highest class will be disregarded, and the school will be moved up one class from the highest
class of the remaining trophies. A school will never be adjusted up or down more than one class from one school year to the
next
Thanks for the info. I was unaware.
Sponsored Links