Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-10-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencoe View Post
*** I said forces them, I should have said makes it harder to simply INJ DEF

Rule 10.2.3: Defeat due to injury in a tournament does not eliminate a contestant from further competition.

Rule 10.2.4: In case of injury or illness after verification of entries, the tournament director, in consultation with the designated, on-site appropriate health care professional(s) and the coach of the injured or ill contestant, shall determine the contestant's ability to continue. Extenuating circumstances concerning the injury or illness as it relates to default or forfeit for scoring purposes, shall be considered by the the tournament director. (not applicable at a Sectional.)

Rule 10.2.5: A forfeit shall eliminate a contestant from further competition in a tournament, except when the forfeit is because of an injury or illness which occurred during the tournament.
Thanks. All that being said, no tournament director is going to say no to an ID if itís requested, and no medical professional is going to make a kid go out there if
he says heís injured.
Old 02-10-2019
Olympian

Lindsey ID his last match, Championship.
He looked strong with no obvious injuries his first couple of matches.
Guessing he didn't want to take any chances though since it seems he's coming out of Sectional looking heathy it seems.

Johnson form Bellevue West did the same at 160, only this was for 3rd place.
Don't recall him being injured in a previous match but there may have been other circumstances that had him make the decision not to wrestle.
Old 02-10-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Thanks. All that being said, no tournament director is going to say no to an ID if itís requested, and no medical professional is going to make a kid go out there if
he says heís injured.

They can also keep him from continuing on in the tournament for his safety if he is too injured or sick to wrestle his first match.
Old 02-10-2019
Olympian

Defaulting in a championship match

A pediatrician i worked with years ago taught me a valuable lesson. She said that most major injuries do not happen on the first blow to the muscle, tendon or ligament. Often the first blow weakens it, and then it is the subsequent blow that causes it to tear. With that in mind, I do not have trouble with a wrestler defaulting in a 1st or 3rd place match to protect from further injury.
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post
Special kid, special coach.

It is antithetical to the core values of the sport as well as being against the rules and unethical...

Well... it happened this year and it was an obvious fake injury. But the made a miraculous comeback and got to state... by losing on purpose. I am so glad I am done with this sport. This is my final post. Good luck everyone at Fake State.
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by candid View Post
Well... it happened this year and it was an obvious fake injury. But the made a miraculous comeback and got to state... by losing on purpose. I am so glad I am done with this sport. This is my final post. Good luck everyone at Fake State.
We'll miss you!
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Fitting last post. I'm glad your son got the chance to compete and grow in the worlds greatest sport. Hopefully it's taught him life lessons you clearly never learned.
Bye Felicia.

Last edited by HandControl; 02-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Quote:
The kid still had to win through the wrestlebacks. Sorry he beat your kid / kid didn't Make it. Hopefully your kid didn't sour on the sport as much as you did. Even in losing they can learn great life lessons, pouting and whining shouldn't be one of them.
Old 02-11-2019
5 point takedown

COM ON MAN

- The biggest complaint on this site is not seeing the best 16 wrestlers make it out.
- The goal at the start of regionals for most wrestlers is to make it to state.
- As fans we put the pressure on these kids to meet their goals.
- IHSA (from what I understand) see the possibilities of INJ DEF and tanking a match and from what Iv seen they are ok with it.

STILL no real answer to the original question. Lets hear it.
Old 02-11-2019
Devils Advocate

PERIOD: Any coach that tells a kid to lose on purpose to position themselves better for the tournament should be fired on the spot. We wrestle for life lessons and the ability to overcome they impossible. If a parent goes along with it ? CALL DCFS on them.
Sponsored Links