Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 11-08-2019
Varsity

IMO

Forgot sum... Edwardsville WC, Champaign WC, Young Guns, Contenders, and The Brawlers. And itís Arlington Cardinals

Chicago will always be the same to the elite clubs / praised HSís. The next couple years we will be represented WELL on ESPN.... Iím just worried about the whole dismantling of conferences.. It may bring a lot more heat from Benches.
Old 11-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Forgot sum... Edwardsville WC, Champaign WC, Young Guns, Contenders, and The Brawlers. And itís Arlington Cardinals

Chicago will always be the same to the elite clubs / praised HSís. The next couple years we will be represented WELL on ESPN.... Iím just worried about the whole dismantling of conferences.. It may bring a lot more heat from Benches.
Veering off topic a bit her, but what did Champaign WC ever produce to be considered 'elite'? Are the brawlers still even in existence? Vito, we are not sounding very coherent here, you may want to sit the next few plays out.
Old 11-08-2019
Varsity

Tommy G**

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_shelby1 View Post
Veering off topic a bit her, but what did Champaign WC ever produce to be considered 'elite'? Are the brawlers still even in existence? Vito, we are not sounding very coherent here, you may want to sit the next few plays out.
Let's put it this way.. Montini is the best team in the state. PERIOD. Mt. Carmel is the second best team in the state. Then the illinois public schools round out the top 100..

I'm an Austin Gomez and Jacob Warner kind of guy...

In compared to the "Nation"... Illinois vs. The World was a great Idea Guys! lol
Old 11-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Let's put it this way.. Montini is the best team in the state. PERIOD. Mt. Carmel is the second best team in the state. Then the illinois public schools round out the top 100..

I'm an Austin Gomez and Jacob Warner kind of guy...

In compared to the "Nation"... Illinois vs. The World was a great Idea Guys! lol
You straight up did not answer her question with this incoherent rambling. This is like writing an essay about particles when presented with a simple math question.
Old 11-08-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_shelby1 View Post
Too funny!
In one post Vito asks who the elite clubs are. Then in another post goes on tell us who was left out of someone's very sound list. These forums crack me up.
Vito seems big on Edwardsville. As far as I can tell, there is really only one thing coming out of the Edwardsville area. And his name is Colby Crouch. The kid is a total stud. Calling it now. 4-time state champ in HS. There you go Vito. I threw you a bone. Now you can come back into the game.
Old 11-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughestSportEver View Post
Too funny!
In one post Vito asks who the elite clubs are. Then in another post goes on tell us who was left out of someone's very sound list. These forums crack me up.
Vito seems big on Edwardsville. As far as I can tell, there is really only one thing coming out of the Edwardsville area. And his name is Colby Crouch. The kid is a total stud. Calling it now. 4-time state champ in HS. There you go Vito. I threw you a bone. Now you can come back into the game.
Crouch's 4 time quest will likely have to cross the path of 4 time candidate Webster and 3 time candidate Bellis.

Last edited by Earl Campbell; 11-08-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 11-08-2019
Stay off the head

Looking forward to see Webster's HS career, he's a stud
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
What are the "Elite" Kids programs now? Martinez will always be there, but so many other programs have dismantled because of power and/or Pride of the Coaching Dads. IMO, a "Feeder program" has been dismantled in the Chicagoland area for a while now because of multiple reasons (its hard to have an ikwf program feed directly into a highschool)

As Far as On Your Toes goes.. Do you Really expect your son to wrestle internationally or get a Division 1 Scholarship? come on man, kids don't really NEED to go to college these days to make a good living... BUT if your kid is THAT good, Montini is probably your best bet for HS..

Just imagine if a Chicago program had a 1 million dollar wrestling room like Edwardsville has.. IMO, we need 4-5 of those rooms in the Chi. Where ya at Investors?!?
Not that it matters, Jon Davis in Edwardsville costs several million.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
I personally don't expect my son to wrestle internationally. He's 9. I'd be super pumped if he didn't get upset whenever he was losing in a match.

Original poster asked how do other schools catch up....that just seems to be something unique to Montini, along with the caliber of education these kids are getting in large part due to wrestling after Montini.

Elite kids programs....
Izzy, Harvey Twisters, 1006, Force, Storm, SCN, Arlington, Wrestle Factory/Poeta...sure there's others, but those stick out.
You know what is much better than an Elite Club - a large club! That is who fills the High Schools with advanced wrestlers. The larger the club, the more friends kids have in wrestling, and that is what keeps kids in sports generally. A good example - Tinley Park Bulldogs - big club, good for all levels, but not just an elite club. Produced O'Connor. From what I saw, clubs with an extreme reputation drove kids away from wrestling, at least that is what football parents said. Parents who thought their club should be the next Iowa were a huge problem. Our high school coach said the kid was better off waiting until high school than to wrestler for the feeder team - so no, they don't always get along.

As for "Montini, along with the caliber of education these kids are getting in large part due to wrestling after Montini." - Sandburg, a public school, currently sent a kid to Harvard and a kid to Princeton, they even ended up wrestling against each other, and one I think is currently ranked top 2 in the country.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
- Sandburg, a public school, currently sent a kid to Harvard and a kid to Princeton, they even ended up wrestling against each other, and one I think is currently ranked top 2 in the country.
For what it's worth, that same Sandburg team also has a wrestler at Penn. All three of them came through the Orland Park Pioneer program.
Sponsored Links