Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 10-28-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
ITS PLAYOFF TIME!

I'm looking at the upper side of this 4A bracket, and DAMN there are some good teams that will be grinding it out to even get to the finals..

Teams include: Coal City (1) , St Francis (4) , Richmond Burton (2) , IC Catholic (3) , Marengo (7) and Stillman Valley (6)

Anyone think Coal City will beat IC Catholic? I've seen IC play once this year, and did not look that impressive, even with that "Stud" of a RB they have. My pick is Coal City to WIN IT ALL.

Is this Columbia team for real??? Have no Idea where that town is located.. lol
Rochester getting bumped to 5A changes things.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Rochester's Garbage
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Best teams

Practice starts monday!

With all the teams moving around classes, anybody want to take a stab at top 20 teams in 1A?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

With the second round of playoffs complete, we now are in The Elite 8.. Note, wrestlers from these schools will be at FOOTBALL practice on Monday...

These are the games that intrigue my inner football fan..

(4A) coal city Vs. Wheaton St Francis.. Coal City kicked Mac’s kan earlier this year, and are usually a team to be reckoned with. On the other hand, st Francis has a dynamic QB that can scramble, run, and pass. My pick is CC by 20.
Richmond Burton Vs. IC Catholic. RB has the dynamic Offense, while IC has dynamic players. My pick is RB by 7.
Bishop McNamara Vs. Murphysburro. Unsure is Mac has EVER traveled this far for a Football game, and so home field could play to murphysburro’s advantage. My pick is Mac by 12.
Prairie Central Vs. Effingham.. Effingham ALWAYS has a huge Line, but have not put it together the past couple years. As for PC, they have some Elite Wrestlers on the team. My pick is PC by 6.
(3A) Byron Vs. Wilmington. Game is in Byron, and Wilmington ppl rep their town well.
The atmosphere for this game will be Intense. My pick is Wilmo by 7.
Williamsville Vs. Vandallia. Battle of the Undefeateds.
(2A) Knoxville Vs. Sterling Newman Catholic. Sterling is a Power, and it seems like everyone will have their hands full Again. Unsure about this Knoxville team, so here’s my Upset. Knox by 6.
Minonk Vs. Clifton Central. Battle of the Undefeateds.
(1A) it seems everyone’s undefeated. Lol..

Best of luck, and show up for practice on Time!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Rochester's Garbage
How can Rochester be garbage when they have been in the quarterfinals the last 10 years and they have won it 7 times out the last 10 years? to me that seems pretty darn solid.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

How about we shift gears to schools that are actually relevant in wrestling. Good luck to those drunks in Coal City. Bring home 2 titles this year. Lots of success coming from up there. Lots of old weather lettermans jackets on display at the local bars every Friday night.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

lol awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
How about we shift gears to schools that are actually relevant in wrestling. Good luck to those drunks in Coal City. Bring home 2 titles this year. Lots of success coming from up there. Lots of old weather lettermans jackets on display at the local bars every Friday night.
lol.. come on, we don't drink alcohol in class A..

Last edited by Vito; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:20 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
lol.. come on, we don't drink alcohol in class A..
This is far off from what your first reply was. Anyways, I have drank plenty of beer with Coal City dads and if I had a dollar for everytime I made GrossNoises with a Coal City mom, I would have 1 dollar.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
This is far off from what your first reply was. Anyways, I have drank plenty of beer with Coal City dads and if I had a dollar for everytime I made GrossNoises with a Coal City mom, I would have 1 dollar.
I'd have 2..
Sponsored Links