Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 10-21-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Hello to all the haters, (especially the folks that don't know what wtf or jesus means)

I know it is still football season, but is anyone excited for class A wrestling this year?? I mean, WE ALL KNOW Chicago just dominates class A, but is their any wrestlers that had decent off seasons in the weight room? or on the football field? This would be great news to see who is actually hungry to be crowned a 2020 Illinois state champion, placer, or qualifier. (as always, good luck to all the wrestlers in high school) WELL.... I have a couple names here that are on my Radar...

Magruder - Mac
Heyward Boys (good coach)
Keane - Peotone (Just Dominates Everyone)
Roberts - Herscher
Christie - bmchs (saw him in IKWF b4)
Aurora Christian's Team
Alberts - Dakota
HWTS - Always Open (Especially this year)
Coal City's Returners (McMasters is a genius)
Thorne - CC (If he wrestles like he did in the IK)
The Southern Wrestlers from STL + Vandalia

Like I said, it is still football season. Most of the boys are getting ready for football playoffs. Most of the people who look at this are OUT of high school.

Any suggestions to figure out pre-season Rankings?

Thanks
Just for fun if you had to pick a champ at each weight no matter what class they were in, what would it look like? Could have the champs come from 1 an 2A? It would probably be easier to compose a list once we know the weights everyone is going.
Old 10-21-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Just for fun if you had to pick a champ at each weight no matter what class they were in, what would it look like? Could have the champs come from 1 an 2A? It would probably be easier to compose a list once we know the weights everyone is going.
Hoping so Junior. Class A would have a few kids , I am hoping

Hope allís well your way. Preseason chatter is great
Old 10-22-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
What schools are these guys from?
All 4 are at IC Catholic
Old 10-22-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oifveteran View Post
All 4 are at IC Catholic
Looks like the word is out about IC Catholic in Class A. Here comes the IKWF...

Idk how long that school has been around, but they remind me of Addison Driscoll and Aurora Christian.

ANDD I heard they have that 125lber from U of I as a Helper Coach. (at least they did 3-4 years ago)

Now that's $$$
Old 10-25-2019
Varsity

Might want to watch William Winter. Pretty much walked through IESA state last year. I think he will transition well into high school wrestling and works hard!
Old 10-25-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2wrestling View Post
Might want to watch William Winter. Pretty much walked through IESA state last year. I think he will transition well into high school wrestling and works hard!
So what you're trying to say is

Winter is coming?
Old 10-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher in the Eye View Post
So what you're trying to say is

Winter is coming?
Curious who this witty guy is. Please friends let me know. This anonymity is getting old. Send me a private message. Your name won’t be brought into it.

I am sure he’s associated with the Truth, whose still pissed both my sons beat his. Let it go Truth and it will set you free.

If you think my son is so weak. It’s easy go 195. Brandon isn’t hard to find.

Now I get pms saying my son isn’t that good. Really sad tough ANONYMOUS guys. This site is a joke because it let’s people like this say things he wouldn’t say in public.

The tough guy calling out a 16 year. Sad. No we didn’t get held back

In closing, this is exactly why Illinois will never be better than Pa. pa people, if you haven’t been to a national event or duals, they cheer on their FELLOW state wrestlers. They have a synergy IL will never get. Our state puts our athletes down and hopes they lose. Sadly I probably cheered on this guys son ? But I am a fan of wrestling and wrestlers. My son and I live in a town of 1800 people. We travel around the country to try and get noticed. Hoping he gets to wrestle at a d1 program. I don’t ask for donations or your help. Just wish my sons name would stay off this board because he does read it. It really does get OLD. Thanks to any supporters

Last edited by pcc club coach; 10-26-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Curious who this witty guy is. Please friends let me know. This anonymity is getting old. Send me a private message. Your name wonít be brought into it.

I am sure heís associated with the Truth, whose still pissed both my sons beat his. Let it go Truth and it will set you free.

If you think my son is so weak. Itís easy go 195. Brandon isnít hard to find.

Now I get pms saying my son isnít that good. Really sad tough ANONYMOUS guys. This site is a joke because it letís people like this say things he wouldnít say in public.

The tough guy calling out a 16 year. Sad. No we didnít get held back

In closing, this is exactly why Illinois will never be better than Pa. pa people, if you havenít been to a national event or duals, they cheer on their FELLOW state wrestlers. They have a synergy IL will never get. Our state puts our athletes down and hopes they lose. Sadly I probably cheered on this guys son ? But I am a fan of wrestling and wrestlers. My son and I live in a town of 1800 people. We travel around the country to try and get noticed. Hoping he gets to wrestle at a d1 program. I donít ask for donations or your help. Just wish my sons name would stay off this board because he does read it. It really does get OLD. Thanks to any supporters
Maybe do not go on massive tirades anytime someone posts something you do not like? Your son is putting together one of the best careers in Illinois history yet here you are. It is very easy to get you fired up. I get where you are coming from, but you are just making it so much more fun. If you were chill it would be different, but instead a guy making a pun leads you to this.
Old 10-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
Maybe do not go on massive tirades anytime someone posts something you do not like? Your son is putting together one of the best careers in Illinois history yet here you are. It is very easy to get you fired up. I get where you are coming from, but you are just making it so much more fun. If you were chill it would be different, but instead a guy making a pun leads you to this.
GrossNoises comes in with a great response. Thanks I think ? I only go on tirades when my son is put down. I appreciate a response. And sorry if I went to far in any rants, it a accumulation.

I hope people dislike me and not my son. I deserve it. He doesn’t.

Gross noises thank you. Let’s wrestle
Old 10-27-2019
Varsity

ITS PLAYOFF TIME!

I'm looking at the upper side of this 4A bracket, and DAMN there are some good teams that will be grinding it out to even get to the finals..

Teams include: Coal City (1) , St Francis (4) , Richmond Burton (2) , IC Catholic (3) , Marengo (7) and Stillman Valley (6)

Anyone think Coal City will beat IC Catholic? I've seen IC play once this year, and did not look that impressive, even with that "Stud" of a RB they have. My pick is Coal City to WIN IT ALL.

Is this Columbia team for real??? Have no Idea where that town is located.. lol
Sponsored Links