Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > The Burk Blog

Old 11-06-2005
Varsity

The Burk Blog 11/6

The week of wrestle offs is finally over and it went well overall. I wrestled 3 times and won each of them. The finals match went the way I wanted with a win, but Dave and I pretty much just wrestled tentative I thought. I was pretty nervous with it being my first college match, even if it was against a teammate.

We finally will have our first official meet this coming Saturday. The tournament is a great one to see how well we are progressing. As Danny already said, Wisconsin and then tough D2 and D3 teams are there. It is a great preparation for the tournament in Omaha as that one is the toughest tournaments in the country other than nationals. Hopefully the whole team can place at Stevens Point, along with beating some Wisconsin kids as we wrestle them in a dual early on.

We open up our dual meet season with duals against 3 of the top 15 teams in the country in some polls. We wrestle Northwestern, Indiana, and Wisconsin. A couple wins there would be huge for our team. I do not think many people nationally are expecting much out of our team this year, but I think we are expecting a lot out of ourselves. We have put in the hard work throughout the beginning portion of the season so hopefully it pays off early on.

Well I am going to go eat because that is what Danny tells all of you I do all day. I will write again after Stevens Points. Peace

Last edited by admin; 11-07-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links