Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Wrestle with Mr. Twister

Old 02-27-2010
Wrestling Media

Class 3A State Finals T.V. Broadcast Lots of Fun

Well I am back home from the Dual Team State Finals...what an exciting state finals...Illinois Matmen and IHSA.tv working together to bring the finals to you at home...I am honored to have been selected and I hope I provided some life time memories for the athletes and their families...it was so much fun to do with Rob Sherrill...he is truly one of the best...and a pleasure to work with...

Minooka State Champions...Wow!...Down but NEVER out...and I like the fact that they did it as a team...only TWO All-State wrestlers but everyone is a champion tonight...the FIRST state champion in the school's history in ANY sport...how cool is that...and a freshman brought it on home like he was a senior...

And Sandburg had an impressive season and tournament as well...very similar to Minooka, not a ton of All-Staters but a lot of teammates that wrestle hard and push the pace a lot...

Glenbard North were the comeback kids, down but not out...another state trophy for the Panthers...and they are young

Barrington was the surprise of the tournament and the pride of the northwest suburbs of Chicago...they are an extremely good team...watch this program excel

AAA was an excellent championship with each of the eight teams showing what they had that got them to the tournament. The duals were close and competitive.

Last edited by admin; 02-28-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links