Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > The Burk Blog

Old 03-21-2006
Varsity

The Burk Blog 3/21

I have not written for a while, and I have much to say about the end of the Division I season and the offseason.

I went to the national tournament with my brother and 2 other teammates, and it was a great experience. I have been to the tournament the last 3 years, and 5 years overall. It gets better and better each time as I am coming closer and closer to wrestling there. Watching the guys from our team wrestle there and succeed was awesome. They each won at least 2 matches, and Johnny Galloway made it to the quarterfinals. We wrestled tough. The best thing about the whole tournament is the upsets. 157 and 165 were probably the biggest upset brackets. Also, watching guys such as Schlatter, Gillespie, Rader, Nickerson, Dragon, and Jones do well, win matches, All American, and even win it all gives me confidence that young guys are starting to make a bigger impact than ever before. I just hope I can improve enough to be able to succeed at that level.

For me, the offseason is gonna be a rough one again. I have much to improve on before next season. I need to get better on bottom, improve my riding, and get a little stronger. I am going to wrestle at University Nationals, which is full of tough guys. I need to work on bottom a little for that, but with the new rules, it is more on your feet. I have always been willing to lift and get the work in to improve, so I do not see anything being different this offseason. I have great facilities and coaches and workout partners, so I think this will be my best offseason yet.

Well, I am gonna go now. Good luck to all seniors as they decide on where they are going. Always remember though, we are on the rise and need even more tough kids. So think about it . Haha, Cya

Last edited by admin; 03-22-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links