Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > The Burk Blog

Old 02-25-2010
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Cardinal View Post
Well the X-rays show nothing broken, so I don't know if there was a pop, but I can't question the Ref's call.

Demetrios felt that he could finish, and would have rather let Max throw him again, than to lose via injury default. Ending the match this way bothers him the most he wanted to finish, because he will never wrestling in a IHSA title match again. If there wass more injury time he could have showed the Ref he could stand on the ankle, or maybe I'm fishing.

That explains it. By the way any hints as to what colleges are interested in Demetrios?
Old 02-25-2010
Varsity

Thanks for the insight. This is a good blog. Perhaps you could give us insight into more posters (Cub84, Journeyman, Maximus, Lock Jaw, MckBln, etc).
Old 02-25-2010
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllState123 View Post
DB: If you could change ONE thing about the IHSA state series, what would it be??
EC: Adding more injury time per bout, I think it really cost my son at this yearís series.

Really? Over the new format and all the classes etc... you would let wrestlers have more injury time?

Honestly then matches would last forever and kids could take breaks.

Did you not watch the state finals to know why he answered this way?
Old 02-25-2010
Olympian

or perhaps the poster who

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc119 View Post
Thanks for the insight. This is a good blog. Perhaps you could give us insight into more posters (Cub84, Journeyman, Maximus, Lock Jaw, MckBln, etc).
started a fight by going after anothe kid with his spikes!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 02-25-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs84 View Post
started a fight by going after anothe kid with his spikes!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hold on different sport.
Old 02-25-2010
Olympian

ok then what about the sport of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc119 View Post
Hold on different sport.

throwing pickles on the window of the Lombard white castle. Oh happy days
Old 03-02-2010
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Cardinal View Post
Yes sir but we felt Demetrios should get more of the Highlight due to the fact that he is a Senior. Steph'fon has the chance to break his brothers records, and also be a 3 time qualifier.

people try too say I seperate them but I have gone to State with Steph'fon and cheered just as hard.

The only difference is Demetrios was primed and ready and it was his year, maybe Steph'fon grows up fast and decides he can be as good as we constantly tell him he is.
Is it true that you, during the championship match, you mimicked Max having a hurt shoulder??? In fact, I'm being told that there is film that will be posted of you doing so......Why would you do that? You are supposedly this great father figure from the inner city that doesn't mean any harm.....Well I say BS.....You acted like an inner city fool throughout the year and you acted like an uneduacated inner city kid during the championships as well. Anyone that thinks a grown man holding his shoulder pretending that another kid is full of it during a match is just plain and simple....SICK. Maybe in the inner city that is acceptable, since you grew up in such a rough environment....and maybe your antics are suitable for most of the inner city and red neck fans of wrestling, but you are just a number...Good luck to your son, he showed so much more class than you. I only wish that the articles were for him and by him....not for some inner city slacker such as yourself. JOKE!!!!
Old 03-04-2010
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiktkdwn150 View Post
do you ever think your cheering gets out of hand.... Like at conference with the smith family for example?
it was the heat of the moment he has a point it would nice to see smith lose once in a while and the way he was winning in the matches leading up to the championship match was dumb he had the right to do what he did
Old 03-04-2010
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate123 View Post
db: If you could change one thing about the ihsa state series, what would it be??
ec: Adding more injury time per bout, i think it really cost my son at this yearís series.

Really? Over the new format and all the classes etc... You would let wrestlers have more injury time?

Honestly then matches would last forever and kids could take breaks.
yea its to short and knowing him hes a bulldog he would and got up and finish it one way or another no wrestle wants to lose by injury
Old 03-05-2010
Olympian

Wink Slow down buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToPin View Post
Is it true that you, during the championship match, you mimicked Max having a hurt shoulder??? In fact, I'm being told that there is film that will be posted of you doing so......Why would you do that? You are supposedly this great father figure from the inner city that doesn't mean any harm.....Well I say BS.....You acted like an inner city fool throughout the year and you acted like an uneduacated inner city kid during the championships as well. Anyone that thinks a grown man holding his shoulder pretending that another kid is full of it during a match is just plain and simple....SICK. Maybe in the inner city that is acceptable, since you grew up in such a rough environment....and maybe your antics are suitable for most of the inner city and red neck fans of wrestling, but you are just a number...Good luck to your son, he showed so much more class than you. I only wish that the articles were for him and by him....not for some inner city slacker such as yourself. JOKE!!!!
1st things 1st I really have no idea of what you are talking about, mimicked Max? are you serious, maybe someone took it as that but I assure you if it looked that way it was not my intention to mock mimic or insinuate that he was not injured. I knew he was hurt prior to the Series and I knew he was hurt prior to the match but so was my kid.

Secondly when you see or hear about this video of me mimicking Max point it out so I can watch it to, ok?

Now let's get into me and my background since you seem to be such a great evaluator of Who I am. Sure I come from what you call the inner city, I simplify that by just saying DA HOOD, where I come from if you talk about it then itís simple you have to be about it, so I take it you have issues with my style of cheering, coaching, and overall attitude towards the sport, but I say...ASK ME IF I CARE? I'll let you in on a little secret, I am far from uneducated. Oh and wishing my son good luck after trying to put me on blast is kind of like committing a crime on Saturday then going to church and asking for forgiveness on Sunday, just stop the back-sliding.

The worst part is in your post you say you were told, which means you didn't see me doing anything you are going off what someone else said, so if they are wrong then what will you be running to this blog to apologize or are you one of those oh well guys (UH UH I THOUGHT). How does an inner-city fool act? What did I do all year say my kid was one of the best? Yep thatís crazy, as a matter of fact all I did is predict he would wrestle for the title, and a few other things in which he accomplished, so why does that bother so many people? Oh last time I checked he has plenty of articles written about him and there is no mention of me anywhere, would you like me to send you the links?

Lastly are we going to really question what type of father I am again? Ask my kids when is the last time they were abandoned, hit, molested, abused, went hungry, had no electricity, no water, no place to lay their head then ask them when is the last time we actually cared about what some guy hiding behind a blog site thinks?
Sponsored Links