Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Admin, when we nominate posters for the end of year awards, I hereby nominate MAL for "cut and paster of the year award!"
First off admin, and all of the other moderators are never on this site anymore.

Second of all, hasn’t that “cut and paste” line been used a thousand times?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Is this a joke? Time is out on theories and what-ifs. If it worked that well, there would not be a mass shooter problem. There were plenty of people with guns in Las Vegas -- not the answer. If everyone carried a gun, there would be more accidental shootings (and suicides) than the numbers in the current murder problem. If Trump or a republican can't get elected without the NRA than who is really in charge of the gun laws? He should call their bluff, they have nowhere else to go & would pick up independents.
The concert venue in Las Vegas prohibited attendees from bringing weapons.

That post wasn't about how to prevent mass shootings...it wasn't even strictly about mass shootings. It was a list of Histories great gun success stories

Preventing gun violence starts in the mind. If you could take away all guns, you would solve the gun violence problem, but you wouldn't solve the violence problem...that would get much worse.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I will be back to speak to you this Sunday evening. The sermon will be entitled "At What Cost?" I hope you will join me. In the meantime, you can receive an autographed copy of each of my sermons and a bottle of holy antigun juice with your love donation of $1,000.

In order to get that private jet I've got an itch for, I will need love donations from 40,000 of you. Believe me, I don't necessarily want a private jet, but in order to spread the Word, I will need angel wings. In the meantime, ponder this, my friends:

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low dribble View Post
First off admin, and all of the other moderators are never on this site anymore.

Second of all, hasn’t that “cut and paste” line been used a thousand times?
OK LD, I challenge you to find any post on this site or Facebook for that matter that has a cut and paste that long? My wrist hurt after scrolling down. Furthermore, Why don’t you clearly and concisely solve this whole gun control dilemma?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I will be back to speak to you this Sunday evening. The sermon will be entitled "At What Cost?" I hope you will join me. In the meantime, you can receive an autographed copy of each of my sermons and a bottle of holy antigun juice with your love donation of $1,000.
I will be there...My daughter would absolutely love it if you could sigh her AR15.

Grocery stores are not protected by the constitution.

The University of Illinois has declared your screen name to be offensive to Elizabeth Warren.

Last edited by MAL; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
OK LD, I challenge you to find any post on this site or Facebook for that matter that has a cut and paste that long? My wrist hurt after scrolling down. Furthermore, Why don’t you clearly and concisely solve this whole gun control dilemma?
I did not break any records with that copy and paste.

(((CAMERAS!!!))) Problem solved
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

How does cameras stop someone from shooting a weapon?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
Not to speak for anyone else but I perceived it as accountability deters people from shooting a weapon and cameras increase accountability. I'm no fan of guns but I would agree with this.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post

In order to get that private jet I've got an itch for, I will need love donations from 40,000 of you. Believe me, I don't necessarily want a private jet, but in order to spread the Word, I will need angel wings. In the meantime, ponder this, my friends:

Of course it is about money. 75% of NRA money comes from gun manufacturers. They pay off the politicians. Simple as that. America is for sale and that is why it gets more foreign funding than other countries. (Most mines/us minerals - are owned by foreign companies.) When people give more money to "our town" or make the gun manufacturers pay for the deaths (more likely) than things will change. I am fine with that. I guess there are no "no getting shot" manufacturers. Maybe the knife companies should get rid of the gun issue. How bout wrestling putting in all that extra $ it has! ha!, I think wrestlers feel less need to carry a gun. Whether that is wise depends on the variables.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-r...s-fro_b_848727
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
Would you do anything illegal if you knew that your face would be on the 5:00 news in the act of the crime? It would cost some money, but if there was a network of cameras, there would be no place to hide. The police could watch the criminal park his stolen car in front of his house. Inner city crime has reached the level that makes privacy is a secondary concern. The camera footage could be subject to a warrant if it needs to be.

Last edited by MAL; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links