MBoyd@Stritahs.com

All Wrestlers need a Valid USA Wrestling Card
Old 08-26-2018
Varsity

Rudy Yates on the 3 year college plan?
Old 09-18-2018
Varsity

HMMM, snarky anyone ?

Great clinic, great coaches, and you want to throw shade on a 21 year old ?

I'm glad Rudy is helping at Rita, I'd also love to see him wrestle at a D1 school again

What is wrong with you folks ?
Old 09-19-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post

I'm glad Rudy is helping at Rita, I'd also love to see him wrestle at a D1 school again

Wtf is wrong with you? Kids who drop out of college to go coach wrestling shouldn't be celebrated. Use wrestling to go to college you don't drop out to stay in wrestling.

I wish Rudy the best. The best would be to go finish up his degree whether wrestling is part of it or it isn't. Hopefully he is.
Old 09-20-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post

Shade? Itís only a question and since I donít know the answer to it all I did was ask.

Hereís a another question... How old does the subject of a question have to be before itís ok to ask honestly and simply about them on this site?

A site designed specifically for information on wrestling and the culture in our state. Furthermore, in the community-driven portion of a site specifically designed for wrestling information.

Everyone is quick to protect and defend, and rightfully so, IHSA/IKWF kids. Thatís valid. Theyíre minors.

Mr. Yates, in the other hand, is 21. Of legal drinking, voting, arms-bearing age. For all we know he could have gotten hurt and graduated early. Your willingness to comment now let people know that isnít the case and then you act all righteous and bring up the camp. lol.
Old 09-20-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octsrevenge View Post
Shade? Itís only a question and since I donít know the answer to it all I did was ask.

Hereís a another question... How old does the subject of a question have to be before itís ok to ask honestly and simply about them on this site?

A site designed specifically for information on wrestling and the culture in our state. Furthermore, in the community-driven portion of a site specifically designed for wrestling information.

Everyone is quick to protect and defend, and rightfully so, IHSA/IKWF kids. Thatís valid. Theyíre minors.

Mr. Yates, in the other hand, is 21. Of legal drinking, voting, arms-bearing age. For all we know he could have gotten hurt and graduated early. Your willingness to comment now let people know that isnít the case and then you act all righteous and bring up the camp. lol.
Rudy was at UNI for 2 years not 3 and he's not 21 by the way.Rudy is done wrestling and is now moving on to the next chapter in his life.Wrestling has helped Rudy become the person he is and that will never change.
Old 09-20-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by calotofwrestling View Post
Wrestling has helped Rudy become the person he is and that will never change.
That sounds so great but you have no way of knowing that.

Go back to school and get your degree.
Old 09-20-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
That sounds so great but you have no way of knowing that.

Go back to school and get your degree.
You're displaying a lot of ignorance to suggest that an education is the only road to a successful, prosperous life especially in this day and age. The road I took served me just fine, but while I was still paying off student loans from graduate degrees in my 40s, I have countless friends and acquaintances with Associates degrees, military experience or working in a trade who were in as good of a situation as mine or even better. Broaden your narrow mind a little....
Old 09-20-2018
Junior Varsity

The pendulum of public opinion and societal customs continues to swing to and fro. Not so long ago, a student could graduate school and go get a really well-paying job in industry. Then it swung back the other way, “ go get a degree and you will earn up to $1,000,000, more over the course of a career. Now it is relax, take a year off, do some internships, find out what you really like to do. Then figure out if a degree or advanced degree is the best course for your future. Balance the pros and cons with the costs and potential profits. It is supply and demand, we pay the ones that are in demand and short change the ones they are too many of.

My opinion, find something you really like to do, make it into a career, make some money, raise a family, get old and enjoy a beer and a slice of pizza and call it a good life.
Old 09-20-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
You're displaying a lot of ignorance to suggest that an education is the only road to a successful, prosperous life especially in this day and age. The road I took served me just fine, but while I was still paying off student loans from graduate degrees in my 40s, I have countless friends and acquaintances with Associates degrees, military experience or working in a trade who were in as good of a situation as mine or even better. Broaden your narrow mind a little....
I 100% agree. Find what makes you happy and go for it in whatever arena you choose. Which of these is he pursuing? That would be my only question. What's his plan for the future. There are many avenues and as long as he has a plan of which one is going to get him where he wants to be, then it isn't anyone's business but his own!
Sponsored Links