Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 08-09-2019
Olympian

They will probably hit him with the yelling fire in a movie theater clause. So now what do we do, do we tell everybody after a mass shooting hey guys, keep it cool for a couple weeks till it blows over? Something needs to be done. There was more law and order in Dodge city Kansas in the 1870s

Ridiculous
Old 08-10-2019
Olympian

If he was just making a point, why bring 100 rounds also? If they had open carry in IL and someone walks in like that, what would you do? Should proximity in time to a shooting matter? - I bet everybody would look at the person and simply make a judgement on how crazy they look, and most likely leave the store, possibly call the police.

I thought they already did background checks? After I posted that link to the NRA (& Ourtown) I get constant NRA ads everywhere I go on the internet - I have never seen such an aggressive advertiser. (not one for OurTown)

------------------------------
From the DA:
"It's really tough to define what is an implied threat," he said. "You have to have put fear of serious bodily injury to multiple people for it to be a first degree terroristic threat."

He said the man's age and criminal history could determine his sentencing.

"I don't believe he has a criminal history, and because of that, that will all be taken into account," Pierson said. "Theoretically he could be given probation, he could be given shock time in the county jail, or he could be sentenced to the Missouri department of corrections."

Pierson said if something like this happened just two weeks ago, before the El Paso and Dayton shootings, he may not have even been arrested.

"But because of those things happened, a reasonable person would be fearful of an individual walking in with a tactical vest and what looks like an assault rifle."
Old 08-10-2019
Olympian

Why 100 rounds? Taking out herds of bison? You know, in all seriousness. I was And undergrad psychology major. We had a course on Freudian theory. The professor Proposed that men Are fascinated by weaponry due to their own feelings of inadequacy, as in phallically. We all had a good laugh until the professor drew cannons, missiles, swords, rifles, and pistols. Who knows.
Old 08-10-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
They will probably hit him with the yelling fire in a movie theater clause. So now what do we do, do we tell everybody after a mass shooting hey guys, keep it cool for a couple weeks till it blows over? Something needs to be done. There was more law and order in Dodge city Kansas in the 1870s

Ridiculous
If there is a fire in a theater, I hope that somebody is fearless enough to yell (((FIRE)))

That dope is a good candidate for the Darwin award.

It doesn't sound like he actually broke any laws, but they are going to charge him with stupidity.

Last edited by MAL; 08-10-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
If there is a fire in a theater, I hope that somebody is fearless enough to yell (((FIRE)))

That dope is a good candidate for the Darwin award.

It doesn't sound like he actually broke any laws, but they are going to charge him with stupidity.
They can charge him with domestic terrorism but likely will not. NRA will back him for court costs. They will get him for about a year and half and he will be out in 7 months. And yes, he will get to keep the guns, or if they say he can't keep them he will, and they will not them. Just like the recent in Aurora shooter in out own back yard that killed another NIU student in another mass shooting. Cost of freedom - perhaps.
Old 08-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
They can charge him with domestic terrorism but likely will not. NRA will back him for court costs. They will get him for about a year and half and he will be out in 7 months. And yes, he will get to keep the guns, or if they say he can't keep them he will, and they will not them. Just like the recent in Aurora shooter in out own back yard that killed another NIU student in another mass shooting. Cost of freedom - perhaps.
They can charge him with anything that they want, but that doesn't mean that he is guilty of the charge.

It doesn't sound like he had terrorist intentions. He was protesting Walmart and their policies. I could be corrected on this, because I am not a Lawyer, but I believe that the prosecution would be required to prove intent, but that brings up the question...intent to do what? He apparently did not do anything illegal. If they can prove that he intended to commit a crime, charge him.

Some people were terrorized, but some people are terrorized when the see a spider.
Old 08-11-2019
Olympian

See, I donít think he should be charged! If our gun laws are so asinine Then let him go shopping for cereal like that. People would say, but look what just happened in El Paso at Walmart. Really? How long are the statute of limitations on such a thing? It should be forever. But since itís not, is it one week? Two weeks? A month? I never had a law class in my life and I would represent him. Matter of fact, I think Walmart should have a bring your gun to the shop day kind of like bring your child to work day!

Everyone could walk around dressed up in their costume like theyíre ready for Armageddon. When they bump into each other in the cereal aisle they can discuss their fantasies about how safe they are making the place. Thatís what it is really, a fantasy. They all picture themselves hearing a shot and then making the kill shot from 200 yards while the person had a hostage and theyíre outside giving interviews!

And why donít people look at from a law enforcement point of you? Number one, how would you like to be holding a pistol and have to respond to something like that with a guy with an automatic rifle? Number two, we have been briefed multiple times by the chief of police at our school. He made it very clear, when they respond, they have no idea who or how many people are attacking. In their minds, anyone with a gun is going down! As they should.
Old 08-12-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
See, I don’t think he should be charged! If our gun laws are so asinine Then let him go shopping for cereal like that. People would say, but look what just happened in El Paso at Walmart. Really? How long are the statute of limitations on such a thing? It should be forever. But since it’s not, is it one week? Two weeks? A month? I never had a law class in my life and I would represent him. Matter of fact, I think Walmart should have a bring your gun to the shop day kind of like bring your child to work day!

Everyone could walk around dressed up in their costume like they’re ready for Armageddon. When they bump into each other in the cereal aisle they can discuss their fantasies about how safe they are making the place. That’s what it is really, a fantasy. They all picture themselves hearing a shot and then making the kill shot from 200 yards while the person had a hostage and they’re outside giving interviews!

And why don’t people look at from a law enforcement point of you? Number one, how would you like to be holding a pistol and have to respond to something like that with a guy with an automatic rifle? Number two, we have been briefed multiple times by the chief of police at our school. He made it very clear, when they respond, they have no idea who or how many people are attacking. In their minds, anyone with a gun is going down! As they should.
Some people protest by rioting and stealing everything in Walmart, and some take their gun and buy things. Which one is better?

I agree, the guy is a nut...he could have gotten killed, but if anyone shoots him with his gun hanging on his shoulder his family will get a big check.

Concealed carry permit holders are trained how to conduct themselves around police officers...things like keep two hands on the wheel when an officer approaches your car, hand the police officer your concealed carry card with your drivers licence. In an active shooter situation two people trying to do the right thing are better than one, hopefully your local police chief is not quite that trigger happy...not to mention the police don't always get there before the shooting ends, so making it easier on him won't make it easier for the victims.
Old 08-12-2019
Olympian

in the end, he has no money and will be doing time for that reason - that is how the system works. He is going to do some time because Officers were hurt responding, that is going to cost him. So at that point they are going to max out what ever they can get to stick and charge him with all kinds of obscure stuff. A Battlefield City officer and another driver “suffered severe injuries” in a crash as the officer rushed to the scene with emergency lights and sirens. Both people were taken to the emergency room.

Prosecutors on Friday charged Andreychenko, of Springfield, with making a terrorist threat, saying he recklessly disregarded the risk of causing a building evacuation by knowingly sowing fear in the wake of the El Paso mass shooting at the same retail chain. Andreychenko’s second-degree felony charge carries up to four years’ imprisonment and a fine of as much as $10,000. He is being held on $10,000 bond with the stipulation that he may not possess a firearm, according to the prosecutor.

8 other Walmarts have been threatened in the last week.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-wh...ry?id=64906798

An interesting thing that has come from this is that Trump has shown he has more power than the NRA. He can destroy the NRA, they cannot effect him much. And for all the NRA folks, the NRA has more information on gun owners than the US government (yes they collect in databases and connect the dots from anything a gun owner has posted or provided) because the us govt rules aimed at the govt do not apply to them. But the US government can now get that information from the NRA - if they so choose, how ironic.
Old 08-12-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Some people protest by rioting and stealing everything in Walmart, and some take their gun and buy things. Which one is better?

I agree, the guy is a nut...he could have gotten killed, but if anyone shoots him with his gun hanging on his shoulder his family will get a big check.

Concealed carry permit holders are trained how to conduct themselves around police officers...things like keep two hands on the wheel when an officer approaches your car, hand the police officer your concealed carry card with your drivers licence. In an active shooter situation two people trying to do the right thing are better than one, hopefully your local police chief is not quite that trigger happy...not to mention the police don't always get there before the shooting ends, so making it easier on him won't make it easier for the victims.
Figures, MAL knows more than the chief of police! Can you do me a favor and Google that and cut-and-paste procedures for a school shooting? As the school year begins I hope and pray that we have a safe one. But I am a tell you right now, well you remodeled homes from the concrete to the shingles all by yourself I have been immersed in the public school system. I’ve seen posts of programs for teachers to be armed. It shows them holding up their target practice for their license. That is so cute. But in reality, when something happens in the school it happens real quick. If the gun is locked up and unloaded it would be quicker to lock the classroom door then it would to be to go look for that. And if it is easily accessible to the teacher that is even worse. If we start arming teachers, I am afraid we will have multiple cases of accidental misfires or even worse, a kid can get it off the teacher. And the police do not have time to decide who is the good guy who is the bad guy. They are not trigger-happy, they are there to save as many lives as possible. By the way, speaking of police officers, I believe we should have multiple armed officers at all times. Some people, including our current principal, feels they show a threatening presences. I love it! It also provides a deterrent. I even told our school to put an old squad car that doesn’t run in front of the school. That alone will make people think twice. I have even seen dummies in a state trooper car under a bridge on the interstate. All of a sudden you see everybody slowing down.
All of the teachers gasped When the officer told us we will all be searched on the way out the building. He even said he does not know who it is. They have done drills where they have swarmed the building in approximately four minutes and positioned themselves. I trust law enforcement! Not people who passed the seventh grade constitution test and a few training classes.

I have gotten to know all of our police resource officers over the years. They used to love to come to our wrestling meets and talk to the kids and me. Ask a police officer and they will tell you, yes they are trained in the skill of shooting. But they are also trained not to let anyone get that gun off them!!! When I think of some of these crusty teachers Thinking they can control their pistol while also controlling a struggle. Damn, we are in trouble! I say we let the professionals handle it! I really hope I am wrong but I think arming the teachers is a very bad idea. Maybe it will work in some little town with a population of 130 students. But otherwise, I am afraid this experiment will go very very wrong.