Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-04-2019
Olympian

That settles it. No wrestler has ever had a growth spurt during the season.
Old 02-04-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWTilt View Post
If it's true that he could go down to certify at 152, but was killing himself to make 152 that makes me wonder how legit his certification at 152 is. I've never met a kid who couldn't hit their 7.5% body fat weight with having to do this.
Valid point
Old 02-04-2019
Super JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWTilt View Post
If it's true that he could go down to certify at 152, but was killing himself to make 152 that makes me wonder how legit his certification at 152 is. I've never met a kid who couldn't hit their 7.5% body fat weight with having to do this.
Iím sure his certification was 100% legit; and AC does NOT recruit wrestlers. I heard a rumor that AC offers Giordanoís pizza for lunch. I believe this was likely the deciding factor for choosing AC over a neighboring Christian school. Everybody knows that wrestlers canít resist Giordanoís pizza!
Old 02-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther_Fan View Post
Iím sure his certification was 100% legit; and AC does NOT recruit wrestlers. I heard a rumor that AC offers Giordanoís pizza for lunch. I believe this was likely the deciding factor for choosing AC over a neighboring Christian school. Everybody knows that wrestlers canít resist Giordanoís pizza!
Wish someone would had told me this when I was in high school. I spent my time eating square cardboard pizza with the rest of the uncivilized world.
Old 02-05-2019

106. 1. Tay. 2 Mylin 3. Herbst 4. Blakely 5. Hosley 6. Wherle

Much of this depends on bracket draws too, as Wherle can place, Minnick can place, and Wagner can place. All of which could fall into 4th-6th.

113. 1. Neulieb 2. Clark 3. Millman 4. Gregory 5. Keepes 6. Matlock

120. 1. Spencer 2. Keane 3. Orosco 4. Carlile 5. Windle 6. Sutherland

Last edited by Kona; 02-06-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2019
Super JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
106. 1. Tay. 2 Mylin 3. Herbst 4. Blakely 5. Hosley 6. Wherle

Much of this depends on bracket draws too, as Wherle can place, Minnick can place, and Wagner can place. All of which could fall into 4th-6th.

113. 1. Neulieb 2. Clark 3. Millman 4. Gregory 5. Keepes 6. Matlock

120. 1. Spencer 2. Orosco 3. Carlile 4. Windle 5. Sutherland 6. Litwiller
Pretty solid rankings

106 - I think the top 5 placers are set, just which order? I also think Tay takes it. I think 6th place is a 3-man battle between Wehrle, Roberts, and Minick. Wagner is good, but he canít beat those three.

113 - I agree with the top 3 placers 100%. I think Sarff takes 4th though. 5th-6th could be any number of kids. Thereís a ton of depth at 113. Matlock is good, but heís in a ridiculous Sectional. Heíll have to get past Foote, King, and Hopkins just to qualify.
Old 02-05-2019

Panther Fan I agree 100% with your comments on 106. Getting a good draw will be important for whom ever is bringing home 6th. I’d like to believe Wherle ends up 6th though.

113. Sarff is good. He’s coming with a win over Tay a couple weeks ago. Certainly capable of a medal. Regarding Matlock- his match with Hopkins left me without words. Twice Matlock was turning him, both times it was called. The ref was quoted saying he was too aggressive and intentionally going to hurt Hopkins. Both times he ran legal moves, a simple cradle and a simple bar arm and chicken wing. Their first meeting wasn’t close and I wouldn’t expect the third to be either. An odd takedown taken back after the match was over threw me as well. The ref awarded it at 1 second left, it was secured with 3 seconds left, yet he went and asked the table if there was time left. Standing right behind the table I heard her say “I don’t know, I don’t think so.” Foote and him will be a great matchup and it happens Friday night. Winner places top four and advances I believe unless I don’t understand bracketing. Any idea if there’s a chance Foote or Matlock would wrestle Gregory in the wrestle backs?
Old 02-06-2019
Super JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Panther Fan I agree 100% with your comments on 106. Getting a good draw will be important for whom ever is bringing home 6th. Iíd like to believe Wherle ends up 6th though.

113. Sarff is good. Heís coming with a win over Tay a couple weeks ago. Certainly capable of a medal. Regarding Matlock- his match with Hopkins left me without words. Twice Matlock was turning him, both times it was called. The ref was quoted saying he was too aggressive and intentionally going to hurt Hopkins. Both times he ran legal moves, a simple cradle and a simple bar arm and chicken wing. Their first meeting wasnít close and I wouldnít expect the third to be either. An odd takedown taken back after the match was over threw me as well. The ref awarded it at 1 second left, it was secured with 3 seconds left, yet he went and asked the table if there was time left. Standing right behind the table I heard her say ďI donít know, I donít think so.Ē Foote and him will be a great matchup and it happens Friday night. Winner places top four and advances I believe unless I donít understand bracketing. Any idea if thereís a chance Foote or Matlock would wrestle Gregory in the wrestle backs?
Assuming that nobody upsets the heavy favorites Neuleib and Clark, the loser of Matlock/Foote match would most likely have to beat Hopkins and then King to qualify. Whereas the winner of that match would most likely have Gregory in the blood round.
Old 02-06-2019
5 point takedown

based on IWCOA rankings

How about 132? #2 - #8 looks like its up for grabs.
Then
138 once again the top 8 look like some toss ups. Plus #9 is a 3 time SQ.
Old 02-07-2019
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencoe View Post
based on IWCOA rankings

How about 132? #2 - #8 looks like its up for grabs.
Then
138 once again the top 8 look like some toss ups. Plus #9 is a 3 time SQ.
I don't see 138 being a toss up. I see it as a race for 2nd. Elliott has been lights out all season. Undefeated pinning or teching nearly every wrestler from Turner at 145 from Danville, Tech falling Magiurre, Herman and pinning Foote all at the weight class above him.
Sponsored Links