Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 07-19-2007
The mat is my home

upcoming freshmen?

any good freshmen have a chance this year? i'm particularly intersted in the 125-135 weights but any weight predictions appreciated. maybe a couple of young sleepers will suprise some older wrestlers?
Old 07-19-2007
Olympian

If Derek Garrett get's the right attitude and works hard he'll be able to wrestle with the best of them...The thing is getting him to do that.

He's the brother of state placer this year Eddie Garrett at 119
Old 07-31-2007
Junior Varsity

incoming freshmen

Jeremy bailey 2007 iesa state champ
Old 08-01-2007
Varsity

Bailey

Bailey comes into an already impressive line-up of Goodwin, Murphy, and Evans returning as starters. Bailey will learn, like many freshmen, that high school wrestling is wee bit different than middle school. But he has the tools to become an integral part of Wilmington's line-up. The biggest question is where will he fit in? And high school practices at Wilmington are drastically different than the ones Bailey experienced in middle school.
Old 08-01-2007
Varsity

too many variables

I can think of a couple of excellent freshman that might be around that weight class up here in the northwest part of the state but I would hesitate to even mention any names. Considering that not even one freshmen made it out of the Oregon sectional last year at any weight it seems unlikely (but not impossible) at those weights. I do feel confident however saying that I believe freshman Nick Harrison (S.V.) will have a good chance at 112 or 119 although I personally don't consider him a sleeper.
Old 08-01-2007
Maxamo

Send a message via AIM to Maxamo Send a message via MSN to Maxamo
two upcoming freshman studs for eureka will be evan zimmerman who took 2nd at state in 2007 at 105 will prolly wrestle 125 and tyler marshall who took 3rd at state in 2007 at 100 will prolly wrestle 119 . also maybe at 125 for eureka jeff skelton moved back from oregon (the state) where he wrestled with the best of the best and even got to wrestle out of state in california and went to state at 119as a freshman. jeff was a state Qualifier his 8th grade year at 100 for eureka.
Old 08-15-2007

New Freshman

Pat Casagrande From Reed Custer has a shot at getting to the state tournament if he keeps his head on straight....around 130 or 35
Old 08-16-2007
Varsity

Reed-Custer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcWrestling2008 View Post
Pat Casagrande From Reed Custer has a shot at getting to the state tournament if he keeps his head on straight....around 130 or 35
Reed-Custer had a good year last year but to think that a freshman coming into their program at 130-135 and possibly making it to state is a bit of a stretch. Casagrande will be fortunate to be top 3 in the I-8, let alone being top 3 coming out of the Plano sectional. I know the R-C fans will say that Eichelberger made it to state as a freshman but let's face it. 103 is a freshman-sophomore weight class. Casagrande will be wrestling juniors and seniors. I wish him well but don't put a bulls-eye on him before his first high school match.

Willy
Old 08-16-2007

Ya i dont know what will happen with Reed Custer this Year im just waiting to see how Begler will do at 12 again and lenig will do at 19 considering they are both seniors dropping the weight again for the 3rd year in a row... They both made it to state the past 2 years but they say they are going to place this year so we'll see what happens
Old 08-16-2007
Olympian

You think Lenig will be able to make 119 AGAIN? Hope that doesn't hurt him in the long run...He's a good wrestler and I expect him to get a medal if he doesn't have too much trouble cutting the weight.
Sponsored Links