Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 12-08-2007
The mat is my home

Tim Tebow wins Heisman

Tim Tebow from Florida won the college football Heisman award tonight.
any thoughts???
Old 12-09-2007
The Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .techfall4u. View Post
Tim Tebow from Florida won the college football Heisman award tonight.
any thoughts???

He seems like a good person and is an excellent Qb/Hb. He deserved it, but i thought DMC was going to win, or Colt Brennan(outside shot, and if you look at his body of work, has 29 NCAA records). Although i cant complain, i think the right guy won the award.
Old 12-09-2007
Varsity

Brennan didnt deserve it. he plays a very weak schedule and many D1 QBs could set those records if they have an offense liek that doubled with weak competition.
Old 12-09-2007
The Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegRider27 View Post
Brennan didnt deserve it. he plays a very weak schedule and many D1 QBs could set those records if they have an offense liek that doubled with weak competition.
Completely wrong!

Hawaii doesnt have the best athletes in the world. If you compare there athletes to the teams in the WAC conference, it would be comparing the athletes at Florida to the rest of the teams in the SEC. Brennan has PIN Point accuracy and is a gamer. If many Qbs could do it they would too hold 29 NCAA records. Not to mention he holds the career TD record. I will say his schedule is weaker, but that is not his fault. Michigan turned down Hawaii this year to play them. People said Boise St wasnt that good, they thought Utah wasnt good. They proved everyone wrong, and until people realize non-BCS conferences have some great teams, you will continue posting nonsense. Everyone thought the Big East stunk, now they are a top conference, better than the Big 10 this season.
Old 12-09-2007
Even god loves the sox.

I agree that for the most part that the strength of schedule is not that of the SEC, but that is not hawaii's fault. They played who they had to play, and won. However, I think brennan is a product of the system. you better break some records when you throw 70 times a game. If you look at a majority of the records he broke, most of them were timmy chang's, the hawaii qb before colt.
Old 12-09-2007
The Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrappler112 View Post
I agree that for the most part that the strength of schedule is not that of the SEC, but that is not hawaii's fault. They played who they had to play, and won. However, I think brennan is a product of the system. you better break some records when you throw 70 times a game. If you look at a majority of the records he broke, most of them were timmy chang's, the hawaii qb before colt.

Some said the same about Alex Smith, system Qb------who was his coach????????? URBAN....Tim Tebow, who is his coach????????

Is it the system or the player?

Every Qb is a system Qb, that is the point. You want the Qb to be able to execute the offense.

Timmy Chang, was garbage, the WAC was REALLY weak back then. They are a respectable conference now.
Old 12-09-2007
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
He seems like a good person and is an excellent Qb/Hb. He deserved it, but i thought DMC was going to win, or Colt Brennan(outside shot, and if you look at his body of work, has 29 NCAA records). Although i cant complain, i think the right guy won the award.
I agree. When a QB breaks an Emmit Smith record at Florida...that is impressive. I believe he broke Herschell Walker's SEC rusing TD record as well. After watching Colt Brennan play, no doubt in my mind the guy can play, AND play in the NFL. Georgia better be careful.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 12-09-2007
Varsity

If Vince Young, Matt Lienhart....etc played for an offense liek hawaii and had that schedule they would hold or be close to those records too.
Old 12-09-2007
The Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegRider27 View Post
If Vince Young, Matt Lienhart....etc played for an offense liek hawaii and had that schedule they would hold or be close to those records too.

AND Leinart won the Heisman. Thanks for coming out.
Old 12-09-2007
Varsity

ok put dennis dixon there. same thing. any decent QB can do it. its been proven. look at the qbs there before him? timmy chang held those records. and now hes a backup.