Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,050
Our schools were #1 before the dept. of Education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPg...em-uploademail
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,417
The United States still ranks No.1 in the world’s higher education institutions (i.e., colleges), including their ability to help graduates transition into the job market.

The US will never be above certain other countries in testing because the US is inclusive of lower and special groups that other countries do not. The legislation made that law not the Dept. of Education. Until you can take your job with you to other states that body is helpful for a bit of consistency. Trumps pick for the head of it suggested guns in schools in case of bears so that should make you happy.

https://www.historynet.com/was-the-u...-education.htm
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
The United States still ranks No.1 in the world’s higher education institutions (i.e., colleges), including their ability to help graduates transition into the job market.

The US will never be above certain other countries in testing because the US is inclusive of lower and special groups that other countries do not. The legislation made that law not the Dept. of Education. Until you can take your job with you to other states that body is helpful for a bit of consistency. Trumps pick for the head of it suggested guns in schools in case of bears so that should make you happy.

https://www.historynet.com/was-the-u...-education.htm
Why would you want bears in schools?

With out using any "facts", I think it is fair to say that "higher education" is getting diluted and dumb down to accommodate the less educated.

The US was #1 in the world for decades if not more in education. I sounds like we agree that modern era immigration policy is causing serious issues with our education system.

It sounds like your defense of the Department of Education confirms my opinion of them...they are not there for the kids, they are there for the staff. Education has gone down hill since the creation of the Department of Education.

Not many of the private sector workers can take their jobs from state to state. Why should government workers be special?

Did you watch the video? Can we agree that letting school kids out of school to protest Climate change is political indoctrination?

Last edited by MAL; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Why would you want bears in schools?

With out using any "facts", I think it is fair to say that "higher education" is getting diluted and dumb down to accommodate the less educated.

The US was #1 in the world for decades if not more in education. I sounds like we agree that modern era immigration policy is causing serious issues with our education system.

It sounds like your defense of the Department of Education confirms my opinion of them...they are not there for the kids, they are there for the staff. Education has gone down hill since the creation of the Department of Education.

Not many of the private sector workers can take their jobs from state to state. Why should government workers be special?

Did you watch the video? Can we agree that letting school kids out of school to protest Climate change is political indoctrination?
1 day doesn't matter, if many kids were going to miss more efficient not to hold school because they would have to re-do that lesson that day. School is much harder now than when you were in school. Its not the immigrants that change the testing. Bushes "no child left behind" put the developmentally disabled scores in with the rest. And that is fine. Who cares if we are behind Norway - that does not pay the bills - most CEO were C students. This country needs immigrants to compete with China. Not the adults so much, but the 2nd generation from them.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
1 day doesn't matter, if many kids were going to miss more efficient not to hold school because they would have to re-do that lesson that day. School is much harder now than when you were in school. Its not the immigrants that change the testing. Bushes "no child left behind" put the developmentally disabled scores in with the rest. And that is fine. Who cares if we are behind Norway - that does not pay the bills - most CEO were C students. This country needs immigrants to compete with China. Not the adults so much, but the 2nd generation from them.
I'm calling BS. Graduation rates are dropping, test scores are falling, our ranking in the world is far from #1 where it was and should be, and you think school is harder now. Education peaked in the 60's. It has been on a steady decline ever since. I searched for the study that I have posted before with no luck, but you can trust me when I tell you education is far from its peak.

You are missing something with this China thing. China was not even a close competitor until Bill Clinton normalize trade relations with them. We dominated them in every stat except population...so why do we all of the sudden need more people to beat them at our game?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I'm calling BS. Graduation rates are dropping, test scores are falling, our ranking in the world is far from #1 where it was and should be, and you think school is harder now. Education peaked in the 60's. It has been on a steady decline ever since. I searched for the study that I have posted before with no luck, but you can trust me when I tell you education is far from its peak.

You are missing something with this China thing. China was not even a close competitor until Bill Clinton normalize trade relations with them. We dominated them in every stat except population...so why do we all of the sudden need more people to beat them at our game?
Go study the background of the students in the Engineering Programs at UofI and Purdue. It supports both points I stated.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Go study the background of the students in the Engineering Programs at UofI and Purdue. It supports both points I stated.
I am not sure that I would believe anything that comes from universities now days.

You dodged my question. I was going to let it slide, but since you brought it back up. Those student protesters were organized by the staff. This student skip day was treated like a field trip...that's what makes it indoctrination. Witnesses said that they saw staff members directing students to the proper locations and handing out signs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I am not sure that I would believe anything
You might as well just start every post with that and then make something up like you usually do.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.