Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 12-28-2019
Junior Varsity

flavin

After reading this box score, I am thinking Lemont could be the team to beat in 2A. I believe they're missing a few wrestlers too! Now, will they get them back is the question. They seem to missing wrestlers quite a bit.

Pak Park (O.P.-River Forest) defeated Lemont 35-29
152 - Grant LaDuke (Lemont) over Joe Chapman (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 7-6
160 - Kyle Zator (Lemont) over Stephon Carr (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Fall 3:02
170 - Connor Stomp (Lemont) over Adrian Palmares (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 9-2
182 - Danny Lingen (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Mo Khalil (Lemont) Fall 3:31
195 - John Valaika (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
220 - Apollo Gothard (Lemont) over Daemyen Middlebrooks (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 8-4
285 - Mo Jarad (Lemont) over Fabian Gonzalez (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 3-2
106 - Sam Schuit (Lemont) over Zavien Stewart (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) TF 19-4
113 - Jalen Dunson (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Cooper Mikolajczak (Lemont) Fall 4:51
120 - Connor Nagela (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over John O`Connor (Lemont) Maj 10-0
126 - Jake Rundell (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Jake Zator (Lemont) Fall 1:01
132 - Nico Bolivar (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Ray Hernandez (Lemont) Dec 9-2
138 - AJ Heeg (Lemont) over Holden Ranker (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Fall 4:24
145 - Joshua Ogunsanya (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Kyle Schickel (Lemont) Maj 13-5
Old 12-29-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritchjanitor View Post
After reading this box score, I am thinking Lemont could be the team to beat in 2A. I believe they're missing a few wrestlers too! Now, will they get them back is the question. They seem to missing wrestlers quite a bit.

Pak Park (O.P.-River Forest) defeated Lemont 35-29
152 - Grant LaDuke (Lemont) over Joe Chapman (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 7-6
160 - Kyle Zator (Lemont) over Stephon Carr (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Fall 3:02
170 - Connor Stomp (Lemont) over Adrian Palmares (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 9-2
182 - Danny Lingen (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Mo Khalil (Lemont) Fall 3:31
195 - John Valaika (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
220 - Apollo Gothard (Lemont) over Daemyen Middlebrooks (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 8-4
285 - Mo Jarad (Lemont) over Fabian Gonzalez (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Dec 3-2
106 - Sam Schuit (Lemont) over Zavien Stewart (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) TF 19-4
113 - Jalen Dunson (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Cooper Mikolajczak (Lemont) Fall 4:51
120 - Connor Nagela (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over John O`Connor (Lemont) Maj 10-0
126 - Jake Rundell (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Jake Zator (Lemont) Fall 1:01
132 - Nico Bolivar (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Ray Hernandez (Lemont) Dec 9-2
138 - AJ Heeg (Lemont) over Holden Ranker (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) Fall 4:24
145 - Joshua Ogunsanya (Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)) over Kyle Schickel (Lemont) Maj 13-5
Why does that make you think they are the team to beat?
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

I dont know anything about the 2a teams but I watched this dual and it was really good both teams wrestled well and it was fun to watch.
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

Lemont is a really good team. Marian Central and Lemont are both at the Batavia tournament in a few weeks. We'll see how they stack up against each other then.
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Varsity

I think it's comical how Washington isn't still the team to beat! 4 time defending champs and some hammers in the lineup......by the end of year should be great to watch!!!!
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3534 View Post
I think it's comical how Washington isn't still the team to beat! 4 time defending champs and some hammers in the lineup......by the end of year should be great to watch!!!!
They were 4 time champs last year, but it's a new season. Lemont and Marian are really solid teams up and down their lineup. Might be a changing of the guard in 2A this year?? Curious who isn't in Lemont's lineup that will be and where they will fit in weight class wise. As the guy above pointed out Lemont only lost by 6 to OPRF!! Does Marian wrestle OPF anywhere?
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central IL Guy View Post
They were 4 time champs last year, but it's a new season. Lemont and Marian are really solid teams up and down their lineup. Might be a changing of the guard in 2A this year?? Curious who isn't in Lemont's lineup that will be and where they will fit in weight class wise. As the guy above pointed out Lemont only lost by 6 to OPRF!! Does Marian wrestle OPF anywhere?
Marian does not wrestle OPRF. Their toughest dual will be against Huntley Jan. 17.
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
Lemont is a really good team. Marian Central and Lemont are both at the Batavia tournament in a few weeks. We'll see how they stack up against each other then.
Lemont is a good team. But OPRF has 5 dual losses.They aren't what they used to be. Aurora Christian who is in 2A beat them this year. Does that make Aurora favorites? No
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

The team OPRF is running out there now is much better than the team that took the early season losses
Old 12-30-2019
5 point takedown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel141 View Post
The team OPRF is running out there now is much better than the team that took the early season losses
Yes OPRF "much better". That's why I agree with the statement. Lemont is the team to beat in 2A. I'm Guessing Lemont wins VS OPRF with there full line up. IDK but it looks like they were short 3 wrestlers. At 113 a Dvorak placer at 126 #4 Nash and a FF at 195.
Sponsored Links