Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 09-24-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Snip ...

For the sake of a thought exercise, I will demonstrate how I could make you a pro gun member of the NRA. I am not going to waste any time. I will start with water boarding, but you are a stronger man than that...there is no torture that can make you turn your back on your convictions. Now I am going to step it up a notch. I could threaten you with life in prison, but you just put your hands out and said "lock me up"...but at that moment I notice your weakness...your loved ones start crying...you know what I am thinking...and you just cant bear the thought of it, so you ask me for the paper work and hand me your dues. On the outside chance that it didn't work...well...your already dead so I will just put it on your tombstone.
This is good writing, MAL. I think you are wrong AF in your opinions and beliefs, but I appreciate the interesting writing. I think there's a pretty good crew back here with very distictive voices. Cheers!

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 09-24-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 09-25-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
This is good writing, MAL. I think you are wrong AF in your opinions and beliefs, but I appreciate the interesting writing. I think there's a pretty good crew back here with very distictive voices. Cheers!
I have never been accused of being a good writer before... they normally just make fun of my spelling and punctuation.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 10-04-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post

NRA members are not the ones murdering people. How could you have no criticism for the sick, evil, twisted killers that pull the trigger.
I am fine with letting money decide the gun debate, but again, bad facts. NRA Members kill people. Of course the NRA hides as much of that info as possible. A more famous example Timothy McVeigh, who was executed for the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, was an NRA member. And he was one of the NRA crazy people who think guns would save the populous from the government. The government has neutron bombs, that is a bad argument.

The NRA is really the gun manufacturers, they supply most of the money. Below is much too common...

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...7emsLy8smjp4zj
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 10-04-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
I am fine with letting money decide the gun debate, but again, bad facts. NRA Members kill people. Of course the NRA hides as much of that info as possible. A more famous example Timothy McVeigh, who was executed for the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, was an NRA member. And he was one of the NRA crazy people who think guns would save the populous from the government. The government has neutron bombs, that is a bad argument.

The NRA is really the gun manufacturers, they supply most of the money. Below is much too common...

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...7emsLy8smjp4zj
For starters, that shooting was no accident. The shooter intended to shoot someone...just not his son-in-law. If you read the entire article it says that 1.3% of gun deaths are unintentional. That number has been declining since 1999. Would you please use some facts instead of anecdotal stories.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...101-story.html

Timothy McVeigh's NRA membership was expired. See if you can find another example...you may find one but they are few and far between. https://www.upi.com/Archives/1995/05...4364799473600/

Last edited by MAL; 10-04-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 10-06-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post

Timothy McVeigh's NRA membership was expired. [/url]
So you are saying if only McVeigh would have kept his NRA membership up he would not have killed all of those children? He was an NRA member, you could also say he is not because he is dead - that makes as much sense. The members are a shill for the manufacturers who pay 80% of the money. Why aren't rocket launchers on their slippery slope? The NRA is a great thing for the government, if they ever decide to take certain guns - which they won't, the NRA has the best list. They know, that is how they advertise the correction ammunition for particular weapons.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 10-06-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
So you are saying if only McVeigh would have kept his NRA membership up he would not have killed all of those children? He was an NRA member, you could also say he is not because he is dead - that makes as much sense. The members are a shill for the manufacturers who pay 80% of the money. Why aren't rocket launchers on their slippery slope? The NRA is a great thing for the government, if they ever decide to take certain guns - which they won't, the NRA has the best list. They know, that is how they advertise the correction ammunition for particular weapons.
What does it matter if the gun manufactures are funding the NRA? How is that any worse than Teachers unions funneling Tax dollars to the DNC. I know that they are not the same thing, but how is donating to preserve a constitutional right any worse than laundering tax dollars through public sector unions and feeding it to the DNC. Public sector unions donate at least 10 times as much as the NRA does to political campaigns, possibly a lot more than 10 times as much...and that money is donated in part to take away the constitutional right that the NRA is fighting for.

It must be difficult to find NRA members that are crazed killers. I will give you a half of a point for McVeigh.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 10-08-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
to take away the constitutional right that the NRA is fighting for.
More paranoia, we need to have rocket launchers so they don't take away our 22's. Bad argument. We have a very violent society, its not changing, why so paranoid?
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 10-09-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
More paranoia, we need to have rocket launchers so they don't take away our 22's. Bad argument. We have a very violent society, its not changing, why so paranoid?
If nobody was fighting for the second amendment it would already be gone.

We don't need to protect our selves from the military, they are a pro gun organization...even if the order was given to attack citizens inside our borders, that would be an unlawful order and soldiers would likely not follow the order anyway.

Even though the second amendment was written to protect us from an army the reality is that local government would be the enforcer.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 10-10-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
If nobody was fighting for the second amendment it would already be gone.

We don't need to protect our selves from the military, they are a pro gun organization...even if the order was given to attack citizens inside our borders, that would be an unlawful order and soldiers would likely not follow the order anyway.

Even though the second amendment was written to protect us from an army the reality is that local government would be the enforcer.
A for-profit industry does not need your help, you might as well go support cigarette manufacturers. You are simply cannon fodder in this case. The US doesn't even collect guns from known felons when they know they have them, in that case applied for a concealed carry permit - just go ask the 6 dead people in Aurora from this past summer. Just another Patriot exercising his 2nd amendment. And I am not anti-gun, but gun owners should be requested to ban together to remove the guns in such cases - gun owners would likely enjoy it. Troll on.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 11-01-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,894

I believe, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, that good Brother Mal will walk down the aisle tonight, trembling--the fear of gun in his heart--and good Brother Mal will lay down his guns, and he will cast out the demons from the NRA; he will say no to that pretender, Mr. Smith, and scream Hell No to the deceiver, Mr. Wesson.

BRETHREN AND SISTREN, can I get an Amno?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.