Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-15-2020
Varsity

Mia

Mia Polumbo isn't in the sectional bracket that I could see. Any news?
Old 02-15-2020
Stay off the head

Was wondering the same thing, was looking forward to watching that talented young lady compete at State next week. Hope she is ok
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

info

any info? Will she be at the girls tournament(think there is one this year)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Update

Thank you for your concern. We were definitely looking forward to a great run in Champaign. Mia unfortunately had to abruptly end her IHSA career because of some medical complications. She will not be participating in the girls state tournament because that is the same weekend as IKWF state and she has a little brother eligible to qualify.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdogmom23 View Post
Thank you for your concern. We were definitely looking forward to a great run in Champaign. Mia unfortunately had to abruptly end her IHSA career because of some medical complications. She will not be participating in the girls state tournament because that is the same weekend as IKWF state and she has a little brother eligible to qualify.
Good luck to her in a speedy recovery and to her brother in his IK quest.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Stay off the head

Sorry to hear that, it sure was fun watching her compete on the mat. I'll keep good thoughts for her quick and full recovery.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Patriot

Quote:
Hey Rawdogmom23, just ending her season, not her career right? I hope and pray that is the case. God Bless
Old 4 Weeks Ago

IHSA career

Mia will not be wrestling IHSA in her final year of high school. Although she enjoys competing with the boys, her body doesn’t 😬 We have been advised by multiple college coaches they would prefer she no longer competes against boys, and we are happy to agree with that for her future best interest. She will train freestyle full time and do the national circuit girls thing from here on out. My family truly appreciates all the support she has had while wrestling in the IHSA.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dodger

Send a message via AIM to dodger
Quote:
Mia will not be wrestling IHSA in her final year of high school. Although she enjoys competing with the boys, her body doesn’t 😬 We have been advised by multiple college coaches they would prefer she no longer competes against boys, and we are happy to agree with that for her future best interest. She will train freestyle full time and do the national circuit girls thing from here on out. My family truly appreciates all the support she has had while wrestling in the IHSA.
So, as a parent of a daughter who I hope will 1 day wrestle, would you advise me to only let her start out wrestling girls? Or do you think at a youth level it is less harmful for her to wrestle boys? I wasn't planning on pushing the idea of wrestling until she was probably 7 or 8 anyways.
Sponsored Links