Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
I wouldn't mind more stalling calls if they get called for the right reasons.

If you're losing on bottom and the top has two boots in riding you hard, you're probably aren't stalling on bottom.

That should never be called in my opinion.

I'm sure the bottom guy wants to and would get out if he could. He shouldn't be penalized further for the top's good ride.

That, to me, is a "stupid stalling call". There's simply no need for it to be called there.
And to keep that from happening, all referees need to do is adhere to one simple rule that is already on the books that officials too often ignore and that is Section 24 Article 7 which very clearly states "The defensive wrestler is not stalling when overpowered."

Being overpowered by the offensuve wrestler happens far more than many officials care to admit.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
And to keep that from happening, all referees need to do is adhere to one simple rule that is already on the books that officials too often ignore and that is Section 24 Article 7 which very clearly states "The defensive wrestler is not stalling when overpowered."

Being overpowered by the offensuve wrestler happens far more than many officials care to admit.
Exactly what I was referring to. Nothing worse than a rule specifically explained being ignored.

I would actually take it a step further. If you are losing and on bottom you cannot be called for stalling. I know this opens the whole balling up conundrum but if you're behind then the time you're wasting is as much your enemy as your opponent at that point. Want it more cut n dry.

Furthermore any coach calling for or suggesting stalling on the other wrestler should be penalized. I can't ask some questions at the table but a guy can sit there with his fist in the air?

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Sponsored Links