Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Freestyle / Greco-Roman

Old 05-04-2019
Junior Varsity

Which junior bracket are you referring to?
Old 05-04-2019
Junior Varsity

Round Robin was always set to start today. Matches would conclude on Sunday when necessary.
Old 05-04-2019
hawkeye 4 life

they always try to get as far as they can the first day
Old 05-04-2019
Junior Varsity

Took a quick look see at the Cadet and Junior Brackets. It looks as though they tried to get all of the 2 pool brackets as close to the semi-final stage as possible. So a 2 pool bracket with 6 or 8 total wrestlers, wrestled until the semis were set which only resulted in 2 or 3 matches per wrestler, while larger brackets had to wrestle more matches in order to get to relatively the same place.
Old 05-04-2019

Jr 145 and 152 had 32 and 34 wrestlers respectively. Wrestled all the way through RR. Wrestlers wrestling in the RR were on their 6th or 7 th match of the day. 132 & 138 had 25 & 20 wrestlers respectively and did not wrestle RR (albeit 138 pool A didn’t have to). Just doesn’t make sense. The information (see posted link) clearly stated that RR would be wrestled tomorrow (whether it’s always been done this way or not). We were smart enough to stick around until we were released but weren’t expecting to wrestle again. Several others were in the same boat. Overall this was a well run tournament but this was a head scratcher.

Last edited by Jwalk04; 05-04-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2019

http://www.ilusaw.com/fsstatetimetable19.php
Old 05-05-2019
Varsity

To add on to that, why are we not doing the 5th place matches anymore. If the Round Robins are day 2 and all 6 kids are there, give those 3rd placers from the pools one more match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalk04 View Post
Jr 145 and 152 had 32 and 34
wrestlers respectively. Wrestled all the way through RR. Wrestlers wrestling in the RR were on their 6th or 7 th match of the day. 132 & 138 had 25 & 20 wrestlers respectively and did not wrestle RR (albeit 138 pool A didnít have to). Just doesnít make sense. The information (see posted link) clearly stated that RR would be wrestled tomorrow (whether itís always been done this way or not). We were smart enough to stick around until we were released but werenít expecting to wrestle again. Several others were in the same boat. Overall this was a well run tournament but this was a head scratcher.
Old 05-05-2019
Junior Varsity

I'm not sure why some brackets only wrestled 2 or 3 bouts while other wrestlers wrestled 6 or 7. I get that brackets vary in size. Seems to me that smaller brackets requiring 4 or 5 matches could have been completed Saturday before having some wrestlers wrestle 6 or 7 times.
Old 05-05-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bottleservice View Post
To add on to that, why are we not doing the 5th place matches anymore. If the Round Robins are day 2 and all 6 kids are there, give those 3rd placers from the pools one more match.
They should wrestle to 6 places, and they should do line bracketing like the rest of the United States. They should also seed wrestlers who have placed in the state. Horrible separation criteria. If you were in a school boy weight class with 6 guys and place 6th, you will get separated in the cadet pools the next year. If you are a two time state champ who hasn't wrestled any freestyle you won't get separated. As my buddy says, Makes No Sense!
Old 05-05-2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
They should wrestle to 6 places, and they should do line bracketing like the rest of the United States. They should also seed wrestlers who have placed in the state. Horrible separation criteria. If you were in a school boy weight class with 6 guys and place 6th, you will get separated in the cadet pools the next year. If you are a two time state champ who hasn't wrestled any freestyle you won't get separated. As my buddy says, Makes No Sense!
Sounds like your kid lost. Tough titties, bro.
Sponsored Links