Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 12-21-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Hunting is not a constitutionally protected right...they could legally ban hunting. Gun ownership is protected by the constitution. So shut up about hunting the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

The rest of the world has more violent crime that the US does. I did not even mention mental illness...you don't have to cure mental illness if you can affect the behavior of the mentally ill. Even a mentally ill person knows not to touch a hot stove because it hurts. Violent crime should be like a hot stove that should never be touched...there are rules that can basically achieve that goal. I only mentioned proven solutions that have worked in the past and present.

Why will you never tell us what you claim has worked in the rest of the world?
I don't see why you complain so much, everybody has their guns, lots of violence, not changing anytime soon - so why the complaining, lying, and defensiveness?

Hunting is a bs issue the NRA hides behind so it is part of the conversation. Also the type of gun is not protected by the constitution, so be careful going down that road. If you cherry pick little and 3rd world nations there are more violent countries, but as far as developed countries go nobody comes close to our bloodbath. By the way, I just got back from Brazil, rough place - but we have a ton more street people in Chicago than cities in Brazil, that is pretty bad.

If everybody carried a gun, it would be an even bigger bloodbath from all the accidental shootings. I am leaning towards getting more gun crazy, it needs to get worse before it will get better. We are used to it - we are entering the Holiday shooting period - families getting mad at each other because they have to see other. Only worse season is the school graduation and spring break-up seasons.

lame comparisons
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-of-the-world

better comparisons
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 12-22-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
we are entering the Holiday shooting period - families getting mad at each other because they have to see other. Only worse season is the school graduation and spring break-up seasons.

lame comparisons
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-of-the-world

better comparisons
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts
not too hard, but predicted that one 1 day before - 13 shot at party on South side today in 1 incident alone. That is about 20 blocks of the Sox' Park. Its going to be a bloody holiday season nationwide. My prediction of what started it - somebody calling somebody stupid, that is all it takes for a mass shooting in the US. Difference between that and other countries - more guns than people here. Its not wrong that there are many guns here, but we need to accept this as an unwanted side-effect. Love it or leave it. Next prediction, next one will be in NC - that place is the mass shooting capital of the us.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 12-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 12-23-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Where's your proof? Just more nonsense and outright lies, you're a clown
Everybody loves a clown.

In 2017 the global average for the intentional homicide rate was 6.1 per 100,000. In the Unites States it was 5.3 per 100,000

If you were more involved in the conversation I would give you more statistics like that one that prove the rest of the world has more violent crime than the US does.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 12-23-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Everybody loves a clown.

In 2017 the global average for the intentional homicide rate was 6.1 per 100,000. In the Unites States it was 5.3 per 100,000

If you were more involved in the conversation I would give you more statistics like that one that prove the rest of the world has more violent crime than the US does.
It was clarified in my post for them. Yes, if you compare us to Yemen and El Salvador - not that bad. But that is not what they meant. Their argument was the common sense comparison - If you compare us to other first world countries our gun violence is off the charts in comparison. You are the worst with fact, so you can criticize anyone else. You are best known for copy and pasting 5 pages of non-sense that is so long nobody would read it. And how you’ve been there and done that, but don’t remember what that was. How does your uni-bomber shack get internet? Satellite?
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 12-24-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
It was clarified in my post for them. Yes, if you compare us to Yemen and El Salvador - not that bad. But that is not what they meant. Their argument was the common sense comparison - If you compare us to other first world countries our gun violence is off the charts in comparison. You are the worst with fact, so you can criticize anyone else. You are best known for copy and pasting 5 pages of non-sense that is so long nobody would read it. And how you’ve been there and done that, but don’t remember what that was. How does your uni-bomber shack get internet? Satellite?
You are cherry picking gun violence and disregarding all other violent crime. The case could easily be made that we have less violent crime because we have guns, but we have more gun crime because we have guns. I tried to find stats on all of Europe, but for now all I found was this on the UK.

"With gun restrictions making it harder to obtain private weapons in the UK, violent crimes involving guns have greatly decreased. The number of total violent crimes, however, is almost double that of the US. Of those crimes, only 19% even involve a weapon, and only 5% of those involve a firearm. That means that of you’re roughly 1/100 chance of being involved in a violent crime in Britain and Wales in any given year, you have roughly a 1/10,000 chance of being in a violent crime involving a gun.

Alternately, in the US your chances of being involved in a violent crime are less than 1/250. Of those involved with violent crimes, however, you have greater than a 1/10,000 chance of being involved in a violent crime involving a gun. In a country with less than half the violent crime, you have a greater chance of being the victim of a violent crime involving a gun.

Here’s where gun control advocates would say that the proliferation of easily available and private firearms enable gun crimes. This is also where gun rights advocates would point to the much lower violent crime rate in a similarly governed and wealthy nation. In a way, they’re both right. Much as the US is both in line with other developed nations on violent crime, and an outlier–with several cities more dangerous than anywhere in Europe or Asia–violent crime in America is as sprawling as the opportunities to commit crime."


https://www.criminaljusticedegreehub...ime-us-abroad/
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 12-24-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,565
Here it is, I haven't read all of it yet, but this compares mass shootings In Europe VS US.

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/01/co...-in-frequency/
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 12-27-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Here it is, I haven't read all of it yet, but this compares mass shootings In Europe VS US.

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/01/co...-in-frequency/
That data stopped at 2015, and started right after the shooting in Norway in 2011. Total Cherry Picking data of a data span - why don't go find some data during world war II and that will say say shootings were worse in Europe also. I would suggest going to the NRA sight and they will do the same thing but if you go to their site you will get constant NRA ads on your computer, phone etc. They are the most aggressive online internet marketer there is.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 12-27-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 12-27-2019
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 10,072
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Got another individual for firearm training! A former OPRF wrestler at that, Mike Ordonez, purchased a Glock 17 and wants to learn how to shoot properly!! Joined the US Army, 11X, DEP in July. Another win!!
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 12-28-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
That data stopped at 2015, and started right after the shooting in Norway in 2011. Total Cherry Picking data of a data span - why don't go find some data during world war II and that will say say shootings were worse in Europe also. I would suggest going to the NRA sight and they will do the same thing but if you go to their site you will get constant NRA ads on your computer, phone etc. They are the most aggressive online internet marketer there is.
We were having this exact same argument in 2015 and the raw data proved that the rhetoric was wrong then and it's wrong now. There was nothing cherry picked about that story. It was debunking with actual statistics, a false statement that was made by Obama. The crime rate has been going down since then so I wouldn't expect to see significant statistical changes. Gun ownership has been going up during this same time frame and continues to go up as we speak. We have more guns and we have less crime. Second amendment advocates predicted that outcome decades ago...now that it has happened, gun grabbers still wont accept it as fact.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 12-28-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
We were having this exact same argument in 2015 and the raw data proved that the rhetoric was wrong then and it's wrong now. There was nothing cherry picked about that story. It was debunking with actual statistics, a false statement that was made by Obama. The crime rate has been going down since then so I wouldn't expect to see significant statistical changes. Gun ownership has been going up during this same time frame and continues to go up as we speak. We have more guns and we have less crime. Second amendment advocates predicted that outcome decades ago...now that it has happened, gun grabbers still wont accept it as fact.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/22/u...tatistics.html

You always just make stuff up. True - America is relatively safe, and the trend is toward becoming safer. But crime goes down in countries with tight gun controls also. And the mass shooting can increase within an overall downward murder trend, that really doesn't help you if you are shot. The only statistical link between legal gun ownership and shootings, is the more spouses end up shot. You are an expert, go stop the illegal gun sales.

You are saying gun violence and mass shootings are not a problem, and that the United States is not statistically worse than other first world countries. So I wonder why the news even covers such typical events?

...at the Route 91 Harvest Country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada. 1 gunman killed 58 people and wounded 413, with the ensuing panic bringing the injury total to 869. - Just one of many now common events.

according to you, that is a sign things are getting better.

I don't have a problem with guns, but I don't share you view on the direction of the issue. We need gun experts like you to solve the problem since you are such experts. We generally just hear we need to fix all mental illness - that will never happen. The arrow appears to be indicating mass shooting is going up, within murder going down. What happened in Aurora IL this year was worse in some ways - the guy was a felon that applied for a concealed carry permit - come on, that is how little laws are enforced.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 12-28-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.