Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Old 01-29-2009
Owner/Webmaster

1st Annual Illinois Matmen High School Challenge

Illinois Matmen is very pleased to announce our 1st Annual High School Challenge Wrestling Tournament hosted by Shabbona Middle School in Morris, IL. This one day double elimination tournament will take place on Sunday, March 15th, two weeks after the IHSA Dual Team State Tournament.

Our goal is to bring together 250 of the best high school wrestlers from Class 1A, 2A, and 3A. Pre-registration for state medal winners will begin immediately after the IHSA Individual State Tournament with open registration starting the Monday after IHSA Dual Team State.

Proceeds from this tournament will go towards the continued growth of this website as well as the Morris High School Prom-fest, which is responsible for creating a safe environment for students after prom.

For more information, please visit our tournament website. We look forward to a great turnout!
Old 01-29-2009
Varsity

If Its...........

a good turnout I might have to watch that

Old 01-29-2009

Great!

Sounds good, hopefully it'll become a tradition and go on from years from now.
Old 01-29-2009
Rockford Wrestler

What a great idea!

I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-29-2009
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMFISHING View Post
I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.
I had teamates do this in 1990 & 1992, but that might of been one of the last years for it
Old 01-29-2009

Thanks, just added a link on my forums to this.
Old 01-29-2009
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMFISHING View Post
it was the best seniors in A vs. the best seniors in AA. It lasted to aroung the early 90's, then ended and the Illinois Vs. Indiana duel started.
Old 01-29-2009
Varsity

will there be a weight allowence?
Old 01-29-2009
Rockford Wrestler

Yes, there is an allowance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofshape View Post
Just click on the link in the main article for more details.
Old 01-30-2009
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofshape View Post
4 lbs. and you can choose to enter at a weight higher than what you wrestled during the state series.