Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Old 04-11-2010
Owner/Webmaster

First Pay Per View Webcast Experience

We hope that you enjoyed our first ever pay per view live broadcast. We ran into a couple technical problems but were able to recover fairly quickly. Our wireless connection dropped during Surber's match, and we went down for a few seconds requiring users to reconnect to the stream. I will be posting a high quality version of this match on Illinois Matmen soon (hopefully today) so that our paid viewers, along with everyone else, can see the complete match.

Then, during the Nick Dardanes match, I received a message on my screen that our Stickam account had been locked for one hour. I have no idea why this occurred (waiting to hear from Stickam), but I was unable to restart the broadcast using our pay per view service. In order to allow our paid viewers to watch the last couple matches, I started up a free Ustream broadcast and posted a link on the Illinois Matmen home page. You can watch the end of Nick's match as well as the final two matches of the night on Ustream.

We plan on putting together a high quality DVD of the broadcast and selling copies right here on Illinois Matmen for $15. Stay tuned for more information regarding the DVD.

Again, we hope you felt the broadcast was worth your $6 and we encourage our paid viewers to post feedback in this thread or contact us by email.

Thanks to everyone that helped make this broadcast happen, including Kevin Burk, Danny Burk, Andre Morgan, and JD Oliva. Also, thanks to the IKWF and IL/USA Wrestling for inviting us up to do the broadcast.
Old 04-13-2010
B K and K

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Our wireless connection dropped during Surber's match, and we went down for a few seconds requiring users to reconnect to the stream. I will be posting a high quality version of this match on Illinois Matmen soon (hopefully today) so that our paid viewers, along with everyone else, can see the complete match.
Any timeframe on this getting posted? Thanks!
Old 04-17-2010
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKANDK1 View Post
Any timeframe on this getting posted? Thanks!
Sorry, I've been out of town all week and wasn't able to get it posted before I left. I hope to have it up early this week.
Old 04-21-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Sorry, I've been out of town all week and wasn't able to get it posted before I left. I hope to have it up early this week.
Still waiting and hoping. I know I have no room to talk because I didn't order the webcast, but I still hope I can see this match. Thank you.

"No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time...all you got is life time!"
-Henry Rollins
Old 04-21-2010
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Still waiting and hoping. I know I have no room to talk because I didn't order the webcast, but I still hope I can see this match. Thank you.
I should have it up soon. I just borrowed a camcorder last night that will work with the tapes JD used for the broadcast.