Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Exclamation 2019 USA Winter Nationals--CLOSED

This event is officially closed.

We hit our limit therefore we will NOT be taking walk up registrations.

If your name is NOT on the Wrestler list on the pre-registration page of track wrestling (you must continue as a guest to see the list)then you are NOT in the tournament.

Any questions or issues email us bigbashwrestling@yahoo.com or call John Ambrose 708-856-7609

Good luck to all this weekend....it should be a good one!!!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBashWrestling View Post
This event is officially closed.

We hit our limit therefore we will NOT be taking walk up registrations.

If your name is NOT on the Wrestler list on the pre-registration page of track wrestling (you must continue as a guest to see the list)then you are NOT in the tournament.

Any questions or issues email us bigbashwrestling@yahoo.com or call John Ambrose 708-856-7609

Good luck to all this weekend....it should be a good one!!!
Letís hear some chatter on this National event now the we have results and the IK season has officially started. Key matchups? Upsets? How did the out of state wrestlers stack up against our Illinois boys? How many of these champs will be champs at the big dance in Danville or Rockford? Looking at the results there were some free agent signing all be it not as many as usual. New faces in new places. Whatís the next big event?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Great event. Light novices in Illinois is stacked. Can't wait to watch that group through the year. Going to be some insanely tough kids not placing. It'll be interesting to see who goes 60 vs 64 in that big group.

Can't believe how fast the day went. My guy got 6 or 7 matches in less than 4 hours.

Match of the day in the little kids that caught my attention was the young man from Unity (I think) winning over Washington (who was wrestling up a weight or 2) in a great match early in the day.

Glad the season is underway. Lot of fun to be had.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
Great event. Light novices in Illinois is stacked. Can't wait to watch that group through the year. Going to be some insanely tough kids not placing. It'll be interesting to see who goes 60 vs 64 in that big group.

Can't believe how fast the day went. My guy got 6 or 7 matches in less than 4 hours.

Match of the day in the little kids that caught my attention was the young man from Unity (I think) winning over Washington (who was wrestling up a weight or 2) in a great match early in the day.

Glad the season is underway. Lot of fun to be had.

Agree. Great day of wrestling. Was surprising to see Washington go down but as they get older headlocks and freight train doubles can only take you so far. No matter how strong you are.

Yes the light novices are ridiculous. There were quite a few top kids that didnít even go.

Also love the location change. Two years ago at Joliet Catholic was too small, same with last year in Gary. Keep it at Niles West.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSanto View Post
Agree. Great day of wrestling. Was surprising to see Washington go down but as they get older headlocks and freight train doubles can only take you so far. No matter how strong you are.

Yes the light novices are ridiculous. There were quite a few top kids that didnít even go.

Also love the location change. Two years ago at Joliet Catholic was too small, same with last year in Gary. Keep it at Niles West.
I don't think yesterday takes any of the shine off Washington. He had an insane summer TOC champ, GRR Champ, Big part of the team that took #2 overall, beat arguably the best kid in the country at the weight (Bouzakis) in the process. Just think it goes to show how stacked the state is and nice to see some other kids shine as well.

Need to add about 1/2 dozen tough kids to that 60/64 conversation that weren't in attendance yesterday.

Agreed on the venue change as well. Definitely a change for the better and it's nice for your phone to work inside. That was a bonus!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Thank you

We want to thank everyone who participated in this year's event.

It was the biggest one yet.

I think we found a new home in Niles West.....great wifi....bad sound system--but they are supposedly replacing that by next year.

The only thing that we may do is eliminate the True 2nd match---which I would like to hear some feedback from the masses about.

Otherwise great wrestling/competition and good luck to all this upcoming season.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
The only thing that we may do is eliminate the True 2nd match---which I would like to hear some feedback from the masses about. .
I like the true 2nd, but would understand the elimination of it. If it was KEPT, I'd like to see the elimination of the walk-over
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
We want to thank everyone who participated in this year's event.

It was the biggest one yet.

I think we found a new home in Niles West.....great wifi....bad sound system--but they are supposedly replacing that by next year.

The only thing that we may do is eliminate the True 2nd match---which I would like to hear some feedback from the masses about.

Otherwise great wrestling/competition and good luck to all this upcoming season.
I thought tournament ran very smooth, great venue, and solid competition. In regard to the true 2nd, i dont think matters either way. From a mat time perspective, its always nice to get more matches but this only potentially applies to the 2 kids at 2nd/3rd place. It also keeps people from saying their side of the bracket was harder so if they were on other side... etc etc.

However, if kid loses in semis or moreso in finals, i think some kids look at it where if not taking 1st, 2nd or 3rd is just a number then. On flip side, the kid who battled back and wins 3rd place match may really want the opportunity to face the kid on opposite side of bracket.

Congrats to all placers and champs.
Good luck to everyone this season.

Last edited by 2on1; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links