Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Illini's schedule

It may be me, but does it seem to any of you that the wrestling team is being fairly inactive for an inordinately long period of time. I see where other teams are having ongoing duals, tri-duals and tournaments leading up to conference meets, while the Illini are only going to NIU and Midlands in December. They had a nice early tournament, a tri-meet, then the Missouri dual up through mid November. Now there's a 22 day break until NIU. Then another 23 day break until Midlands. I would think you could get at least one dual meet in those 2 time frames to keep your guys sharp.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudaman4 View Post
It may be me, but does it seem to any of you that the wrestling team is being fairly inactive for an inordinately long period of time. I see where other teams are having ongoing duals, tri-duals and tournaments leading up to conference meets, while the Illini are only going to NIU and Midlands in December. They had a nice early tournament, a tri-meet, then the Missouri dual up through mid November. Now there's a 22 day break until NIU. Then another 23 day break until Midlands. I would think you could get at least one dual meet in those 2 time frames to keep your guys sharp.
For the last few years they have had a pretty light schedule until midlands. I think itís a good strategy to see where they are early, then train hard for midlands and the duals in January and February. Itís a long season.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Could mid-term finals have something to do with the schedule?
Sponsored Links